Thread: hopeful (m/c ment)

Red face hopeful (m/c ment)

Hello all,

I just looking for some postive vibes. I had a IUI yesterday after Clomid and an HCG injection (the HCG is new for me). I had 2 nice big follies and 2 a bit smaller and DH swimmers appeared superb. I hate to get too excited, the monthly disappointment is so difficult, but I really am hopeful this time.

My history: 6 years of trying (12 cycles of Clomid, HSG, laparascopy, hysteroscopy, uterine biopsies (X2), possible luteal phase defect, unexplained infertility, possible PCOS, 2 m/c's, blah, blah, blah, basically nobody knows anything- do I sound cynical ) and then my miracle baby (DS now 16mo). Started trying again with Clomid when DS was 6mo and have had 7 more cycles of Clomid (without any kind of monitoring- go figure) then I ditched the pills for a month. New fert Dr recommended that I repeat all testing (incl HSG) so I made the 7 hour journey to get HSG and meet the Dr in person and he scanned me and saw one nice big follie about to Ovulate (remember no Clomid this month), so he recommended IUI just for giggles and then IVF starting the following month. Well low and behold, the IUI actually worked, but m/c a few days later. New Fert Dr recommended a second IUI this time with Clomid, monitoring and an HSG trigger (instead of jumping to IVF). he is also adding progesterone and estrogen starting CD17. I hope, I hope, I hope.

Cheryl

Default how long for the HCG to be gone?

Hello all,

first let me express my disgust at this new format. It took 6 days for my last post to appear. This is crazy, how can we have conversations like this?!!!!

Anyway, I am now 7 days post IUI and 8 days past HCG injection. Just out of interest, I took a hpt this evening and there is a faint, faint, faint line. I am certain that it is still lingering from the HCG. Does anyone know how long it takes before a bpf is really a bpf after 10,000 of HCG?

Anyway, I expect that with this new system, this will post sometime next week and I should have your responses back sometime the week after that- smack, Cheryl quit being so sarcastic

Cheryl