Thread: Why I love nursing my child

Default Why I love nursing my child

Twice this week my dd (nearly 4 months) has looked up at me and laughed just before I started nursing her. What could be better than that?

I hope everything is going well with everyone. It sure is quiet around here.

Paula

That is sweet and heartwarming.

I think I love BFing for mostly practical reasons. The first thing that popped into my head was that I can go out without packing food and get by. Yesterday I was out and met another mom who invited us out for a play date and I had no food or extra diapers with me for Anna. Anna had a nap on me in the ergo and I bought sushi for me and mostly finished it before Anna woke up. I bought a banana, some cheddar bunnies and a couple of mandarins and we had lunch, though she didn't have much of it and would have been ok without. We lucked out and didn't need a diaper change and we made the play date. I don't have to take bottles with me and for that I am thankful because there was a time when I did and it was a royal pain.

On the cuteness side, I find it pretty amusing when she finishes nursing, rolls over and then looks back at me and sees a boob out so she makes a lunge back for it and will try and nurse in some pretty interesting positions.

C

Default There is nothing better is there??...m

I love the connection that bfing brings!

Lori & Jace

Quote Originally Posted by odiebush View Post
    Twice this week my dd (nearly 4 months) has looked up at me and laughed just before I started nursing her. What could be better than that?

I hope everything is going well with everyone. It sure is quiet around here.

Paula

Oh, that is so precious! I posted a while back about how amazing it was the first time Nathan really gave me some feedback on how much he was enjoying the process...after he finished, he grinned and clapped. He still gets so excited when we get ready to nurse and just laughs and smiles. It's great to know how much they are enjoying it too!

Hugs,
    Kelly and Nathan, 16 months

I love BF, but only at home. When I go outside I make sure it's not far from our house, because once I was nearly attacked for breastfeeding in public. I don't think I'm ever going to understand why people are so hateful towards breastfeeding mothers sometimes. Babies need to eat too, and it has many advantages to BF in public.