Thread: Preparing for 1st FET

Arrow Preparing for 1st FET

Hello. My name is Erin. I am preparing for my 1st FET after my 1st failed IVF(transfer 2 5 day perfect blasts). I am 26 years old and came into IVF because I lost both tubes to ectopics. I also have a short luteal phase. My RE thinks we need to up the progesterone since I started spotting while on it. We plan to do a natural FET and just add progesterone in the luteal phase. I have 5 frozen embryos graded; Two 5AB's, one 4AB, and 2 just before the blast stage. These were all frozen on day 6. My RE says his thaw survival rate is 70%. When we thaw the embryos will the best grade ones likely make it and the others will not? What is the success rate for an FET? We plan to transfer all that survive the thaw as this is our last chance. Thank you, Erin

Please see below:

Hello. My name is Erin. I am preparing for my 1st FET after my 1st failed IVF(transfer 2 5 day perfect blasts).

A: Did you have a reason for failiung IVF with 2 great blasts. important to review cycle before moving on.

I am 26 years old and came into IVF because I lost both tubes to ectopics. I also have a short luteal phase. My RE thinks we need to up the progesterone since I started spotting while on it. We plan to do a natural FET and just add progesterone in the luteal phase.

A: Not an issue if lining thick enough i.e >9mm

I have 5 frozen embryos graded; Two 5AB's, one 4AB, and 2 just before the blast stage. These were all frozen on day 6. My RE says his thaw survival rate is 70%. When we thaw the embryos will the best grade ones likely make it and the others will not? What is the success rate for an FET? We plan to transfer all that survive the thaw as this is our last chance. Thank you, Erin

A: Usually 70% with old freezing technique. Pregnancy rate around 50% if they survive. Hoping for the best. Let me know if you have additionaL QUESTIONS.