Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Endometriosis and implantation failure

Thank you so much DR. Saleh.
    Do you mean I have to take both prednisone and Intralipids? Or only Intralipids? And how much do I have to take?
    Next month I'll proceed a hysteroscopy at the clinic in Spain to get my uterine tubes closed from the uterine side. My doctor will explore my uterus too. Afterwords I'll proceed ERA biopsy/test.
    What do you think about it? Do you have any good advice regarding that?
    I have three frossen donor blastocysts left and my gynecolog in Spain and the dr in Dk advice me to use one at the time. What do you think about it?

ERA is for people who have non-immune implantation failure. I advise you get the NK assay somewhere if you can. I believe it is available in the UK.

Ok. I'll research the possibility of getting NKa test. What can I use it for? What are the possibilities for treatment?

Can you recommend a clinic in uk or other country in Europe that does the NK test? It's a completely new world for me.

I am not sure what clinic but I have seen patients get them there. I would call around. I think many of them order it in the UK, not a specific one.

Hello Saleh again.
    I have talked with both my gynecolog in Dk and my gynecolog in Spain, where I am doing Fertility treatment with donor egg.
    My doctor in Dk recommends prednisone 10 mg per day because of my endometriosis, without doing the NK cells test.
    My doctor in Spain doesn't recommend prednisone, because I didn't have so many miscarriages. I had two transfers with De: the first one was chemikal pregnancy and the second was negative HCG = 0.
    In two weeks from now I'll get a surgery in Spain and a hysteroscopy. Then I'll take ERA test and then continue the transfers with the three frosen donor eggs and maybe max 2,5 mg prednisone.
    What do you think about this?

That sounds good. Best of luck !

I was operated for endometriosis for eight years ago, when my endometriosis was discovered. The doctor said at That time, that I'll gået painful periode again after aproxim. two years. It went eight years since surgery and I didn't get any pain.
    How Can you explain that? Do you Think I still have endometriosis?

I am not sure what the doctor found on the first surgery. Usually endometriosis does not go away even with surgery. I would ask for the surgical records and see if a local physician could review them for you to make sure what was described in that report. Glad to see you don't have pain anymore.

Back in 2007 I had a tubal laparoscopic surgery, where the doctors discovered that I had endometriosis and that this was the main cause of my infertility.

What has the doctor discovered during the surgery?

The ends of both uterine tubes were totally blocked. They were not only blocked by a fluid. They were blocked because the fingerlike projections at the end of the tubes were growth together.
    Therefore my eggs could not meet the sperm and reach the uterus.

In addition there was endometriosis tissue all over the place: on the tubes, on the ovaries, arround the uterus, rectum (Douglas area) and elsewhere.

My ovulations were very painful too because of the endometriosis tissue on the ovaries.

What did the doctor do during the surgery as it is written in the papers from hospital:

- Removed the endometriosis tissue as much as possible.
    - Created passage through the tubes by opening them at the end and removing some tissue/inflammation inside the tubes.
    - Recreated the fingerlike projections as much as possible.
    - Performed ovarian drilling to make ovulation less painful.

After the surgery:

- Since the surgery I have not experienced any painful periods or painful ovulations. My life quality has improoven a lot.
    - I could not get pregnant naturally neighter before or after the surgery (I guess my tubes have been blocked again shortly after the surgery).
    - I have not tried insemination.
    - I had three short IVF protocols with my own eggs:
    The first treatment with one fresh egg ended up with an ectopic pregnancy, which was treated with metrotexat.
    The second treatment did not produce any fertilised egg.
    The third treatment with one fresh egg was negative.
    The fourth treatment with one frosen egg was negative.

Now in Fertility treatment with donor egg in Spain. First protocol with 2 fresh blastocysts - chemical pregnancy. Second protocol with 2 frosen blastocysts - negativ HCG = 0.

Hhat's my whole medical history.

What do you think?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast