Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: When to see an Fertility specialist?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default When to see an Fertility specialist?

    My husband and I have been trying to concieve since sept 2008. I am 26 and he is 28. We have been using a fertility montor to track ovulation since Nov and we were using OPKs before that. My cycle range from 24 to 28 days and I believe my Lutual Phase is 12 days. I am thinking it may be time to see someone for testing.

    The only issue i have ever had is, back in 2005 I had the LEEP done because of precanerous cells. But i have had 2 paps a year since then and everthing came back normal.

    My question is, should I make an appointment to see a specialist or should I wait til we hit the one here mark?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008


    The LEEP procedure runs a small possibility of damaging the mucus producing cells in the cervix. The mucus is critical for helping the sperm fertilize the egg. Having normal Pap smears since a LEEP procedure tells us nothing about the mucus production or quality, so you may want to consider seeing a qualified fertility specialist sooner rather than later.

    Hope this helps!
    Dr. Roseff - Director, Palm Beach Center for Reproductive Medicine
    Wellington, Florida
    Dr. Roseff - South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine - Boca Raton, FL
    PERSONALIZED/SUCCESSFUL Specialty care....

    As you’re not my patient, information herein may be incomplete/inaccurate & I can't be responsible for your actions. This is for educational purposes & should never be used to replace information & care rendered by your own doctor. No part of this message may be reproduced, printed, or posted elsewhere without express written authorization of Dr. Roseff or INCIID.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts