Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Choosing a Donor Egg

Default Choosing a Donor Egg

My husband and I are ready to choose a donor egg. Our clinic is excellent but has limited choices, although we found two donors that might be good for us. My husband found a couple of websites with lists of donors that may be contacted and the website organization helps with the legal papers etc. but and the couple may have procedure at their own clinic. I wondered if anyone has had experience with these websites or is it better to work with donors in your own clinic?

Not sure if you have already chosen your donor for your procedure yet, but there are some really good options out there not related to the choices that your doctor gives you. My doctor's office doesn't give you donors to choose from but they did give me a very good list of different agencies that they recommend. It was nice to have options and be able to see the different fees and amounts that are varied from agency to agency. If you would like a copy of the list I have let me know. The agency that you choose does not have to be in your city.

My husband and I are beginning our cycle on Aug 28. I will start my meds and injections then the week of Sept 21 is the start of the big 2 week schedule for the donor harvest and my implantation.

Dawn

Hi Dawn: Thank you so much for your reply. I am happy to hear from someone in the same boat. How exciting that you will start the donor process in two weeks! I look forward to reading your post updates. We did choose a donor from our doctor's office. They have shared donors so the costs are half what they would otherwise have been. We were very impressed by our donor's background. We were able to finance through CareCredit which is a very good deal. Best, best wishes!

This is my first post!!! I feel very lucky to have found this website. And hearing that couples are going through the same trials that me and my husband are experiencing. And actually being successful in conceiving. I was diagnosed with ovarian failure at the age of 18 due to not having a menstrual cycle at all. I have seen 3 reproductive endocrinologist that have confirmed this. So now that I am married and looking towards having a family, my husband and I have began the journey of beginning to finance our "family". So please continue to post your experience in receiving a donor egg. I wish us all the best of luck!!

Hi! Welcome to this website. It is great to be in touch with people going through the same steps as we are! I am patiently waiting to hear that our donor is ready. She is on a rest cycle. I am trying to eat healthy, excercise and I am taking vitamins with folic acid. Looking forward to your updates!

Default donor eggs

I have been looking for a donor for a while, and even put an ad out to try to find the right donor, no luck yet, though I have found a few agencies that have great donors but very very pricey! Seems the higher the education or prettier the donor, the higher the cost - that seems kinda, I don't know, unpallatable, but I guess that's how it's done. Has anyone else found this to be a bit queezy-making? After going through everything else, it seems now I am faced with an additional fee on top of a donor egg fee to find someone who works for me, so I'm just frustrated and am wondering how others are dealing with these issues.

Choosing a donor is a very involved process and is expensive. It was tough to choke down the costs, but at the same time I understand that these women do need to be compensated for what they are giving up of themselves. I also wanted to know that the donor was doing this from their heart and not only for the money. I could really tell a lot by reading all the profiles. Yes, some just seemed shallow but others you could tell by what they said or their wording what it really meant to them.

I relied on my doctors office to give me a list of agencies that they were familiar with. I wanted to be sure they were legit and easy to work with. The list I was given had a wide range of agency fees and I did narrow it down to an agency that I felt not only had good caring customer service, but also who I felt was truly interested in helping me. Donors can get paid anywhere between 5,000 and up. Fortunately, the agency we chose negotiated with us on costs. This helped some and made it feel a little more reasonable and that they really cared. We also chose an unexperienced donor that lived locally in the city of our doctors office. These factors all helped us to be able to take on the debt.(not that it was easy but it helped our decision). The debt is not something I take lightly, believe me between my husband and I there was many discussions and arguments and stresses when it came to paying for a donor. Emotions run so high with this kind of decision but we stuck it out and came to a compromise. We know that it will be tough to pay this debt along with raising a child if our cycle is successful, but I have faith that we can do it.

We are now in the process of going through our cycle. I have been on meds for a couple of weeks now and expect the embryo transfer to happen the last week of September.

Hi I hope everything is going well for you and your husband. Thank you for giving me details about the process. They were very helpful. Before your search process were you able to choose the nationality of the person that will be your egg donor?

I'm going to go ahead and say it. You would think people would want to donate their eggs out of the kindness of their hearts. But I know for a procedure like that they have to be well compensated for their time and energy.

Default donor eggs

I've contacted and have been talking with a number of donor sites. I would much prefer to go through my agency as it is much less expensive but I too haven't found anyone that matches what I am looking for. I looked at A Perfect Match and Fertility Source as two. There is one is San Francisco that seems very good too. Hope you were able to find something that met your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by KatyPa View Post
    My husband and I are ready to choose a donor egg. Our clinic is excellent but has limited choices, although we found two donors that might be good for us. My husband found a couple of websites with lists of donors that may be contacted and the website organization helps with the legal papers etc. but and the couple may have procedure at their own clinic. I wondered if anyone has had experience with these websites or is it better to work with donors in your own clinic?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast