Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Choosing a Donor Egg

Hi! We did find a donor in our clinic....we chose based on longevity of the relatives and education level of the donor as well as previous success rates. She has similar coloring etc. as my husband. We feel lucky that we found the donor within our clinic because our clinic does shares cycles thus the cost is more economical. The only drawback at this point is that the cycle has be delayed a month because we had two couples before us.....I am a little concerned for the donor with back to back cycles. And a little disconcerted about waiting another month yet trying to be patient and have faith in the clinics plan. Best wishes to you.....ps. I was overwhelmed looking at the sites and all the choices...we took the easier route.

Default How is Your Donor Egg Cycle

Dear Dawn H.

Hope all is well with your donor egg cycle.
    Best wishes.

Things are going great! My embryo transfer happened on Oct 3. It went really well. I had 2 beta hcg tests done last week, and we found out that I am pregnant! Yeah! We go this Friday the 23rd to have the first ultrasound done. They will be telling us how many gestational sacs there are. And then the following week will be the ultrasound for the heartbeat. We are very excited!

Dawn

Congratulations! This is great news! Please keep us posted!!!

Default About Egg Donor

There's depend on situation. if you have confidence to take charge it would
    be tremendous.
    I hope other will support me.
    Find Attorney--Find Attorney

Good news. We were able to find a donor through our doctor's office. The first step of the process for me is to call when my next cycle begins in about two weeks. I can hardly believe that we have reached this point. It has been four months since we started the search. My doctor's office does shared cycles so the expense is more affordable. Thank you for your replies!

Default Donor Success

Has anyone been successful with donor eggs, in terms of successful pregnancy and birth?

I've known a few women who have used donor eggs and had successful pregnancies; I believe the success rate is over 65% for donor egg use. I haven't yet done it myself; but am hoping to by the end of this year.

Smile 34 Weeks

We are 34 weeks with a donor egg. Everything is going wonderfully.
    We are so grateful!

Yes. I have had a successful donor egg pregnancy and birth. I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl 11 weeks ago. It was stressful and exciting for us to go through the whole process but it was all worth it!!

Dawn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast