Thread: Syranel for Endo

Default Syranel for Endo

Dear Dr. Saleh,

I need your opinion. I'm 37, stage 3 endo, day 3 FSH 5, Positive ANA, Sjogren.
    Had laparoscopy last year, few months later made my first attempt at IVF. Cycle was cancel because of only three follicles. last month I had my second IVF, 11 follicles but only two eggs retrieved, one fertilized and was put back on day 3. the doctor said it was top quality embryo, but did not result in a pregnancy. The past few weeks I've been having a lot of ovarian pain, I had an ultrasound done. I have what appears to be 3 endometriomas on my left ovary. the doctor say I should have another lap or Drug therapy.
    I was prescribed Syranel for three months which will put in a menopause state before starting my next cycle. I'm so terrify of having another lap because I truly think it affect my ovarian reserve.
    1- In your opinon do you think I will be oversuppress seing that I did not produce many eggs in the past cycles?
    2- Do you think doing another lap is a good idea or SCLEROTHERAPY?
    3- Do you think intralipids therapy would help my with my positive ANA and Sjogren's.
    I have a telephoneconsultation appointment with Dr. Tortoriello at the end of the month. I don't know if I should start the Syranel or not, but I know I do not want to have another period which I feel is coming on. please let me know what you think.

Thanks

sorry for the late reply. Please see below

1- In your opinon do you think I will be oversuppress seing that I did not produce many eggs in the past cycles?

A: yes and does not improve egg quality or preg rates before IVF imho

2- Do you think doing another lap is a good idea or SCLEROTHERAPY?

A: depending on the size of these endometriomas you may not need any treatment, otherwise sclerotherapy safest option.

3- Do you think intralipids therapy would help my with my positive ANA and Sjogren's.

A: I would get tested for NK activity and antiphospholipids. That would not solve the age issue so a customized stim protocol is key.

Thanks Doctor. This will be my final attempt, I'm really hoping for a positive outcome this time.