Thread: We signed up for Donor Egg on Wednesday

Default We signed up for Donor Egg on Wednesday

Wow! I have thought about taking this step for so long that I can hardly believe the time is finally here. I am trying to eat healthy and excercise and take a multi vitamin with folic acid during the 6 weeks or so waiting time. I scheduled a Pap smear and blood work and have to schedule an EKG with my doctor because I am 50....but very healthy for my age for which I am thankful! I so hope this works!

I'm so glad to hear your story - I am 47 and am very happy for you! Let me know what happens!

Default Postponed

Heard from the clinic that they need to postpone my cycle. The donor has one before mine. November time frame....which is fine. Gives me more time to get into shape. I walk every day and I am taking pre-natal vitamins. Just completed all the required prescreening tests: blood work and ekg. Everything turned out a-ok. Just completed my second test in a series of four for the CPA. Will be done by the end of November...so timing is working out well. Best wishes to you and your plans!

Default Finally...February 1, 2010

We finally completed or donor egg cycle to transfer....our donor produced 5 eggs of which four fertilized but only one made it...so we transfered one fertilized egg on day 3 after retrieval. They gave us a picture of the dividing embryo...to us it is our baby!!! We are very excited but will not know for two months if it implanted and is viable. I relaxed for two days....it takes 24 to 36 hours to implant. I felt a little crampy which I hope is a good sign. I am taking progesterone and estrogen so I feel PMSy. I am very, very hopeful. Will find out the day after Valentines Day. My husband was so supportive; had been originally unsure....but now he is excited too!

Good luck in your 2ww.

We are set for a FET on Monday with frozens from our previous cycle.

Cordelia

Default Best Wishes

Thank you. I go for a blood test to check estrogen and progesterone levels on Monday the 8th. The next week, the 15th is the big day!

Best wishes with your transfer on Monday.

I rested for not one but two days after my transfer. It takes 24 to 36 hours.