Thread: How far in advance to start acupuncture before IVF cycle?

Default How far in advance to start acupuncture before IVF cycle?

Hi: Was wondering if you had any thoughts on that. Also, was wondering if you knew of any good acupuncturists in NJ? i live in princeton, NJ and can't find ones that are good at fertility?

thanks!

I don't know if Dr. Sklar doesn't read our questions, but I heard minimum 3 months before the IVF is ideal to treat underlying causes. However, it can be started as late as 1 month before IVF - minimum twice a week along with on the day of egg transfer and within 24 hours after egg transfer. Hope this helps.

Ideally we would like 3 months minimum to make the needed changes. If not then we would like to see patients with enough time pre transfer as possible. In our office we do see patients 2 x week, and sometimes 3.

As for New Jersey, I would look at www.aborm.org to see if there is a certified fellow near you.

Marc

Default how to select an acupuncturist

Unfortunately, there is no reproductive acupuncturist in my area. What are the criterion to select a good acupuncturist? Also, what protocol you would recommend them to follow for infertility?

During the consultation, you may want to ask if the acupuncturist has had good results with infertility cases. If they have a testimonial from an actual patient, that is even better! If the acupuncturist hasnít seen a case like this before, that is not a deal breaker. Chinese Medicine tends to work very well for a variety of cases. No matter what your complaint, you will most likely see improvement.