Thread: day 2 freeze 2 cell

Default day 2 freeze 2 cell

Dr Saleh,

Thanks for answering our questions.

I have a day 2 freeze 2 cell embryo on a natural IVF cycle. Have you seen success with this? I actually had 2 eggs retrieved. Both fertilized but one did not multiply.

I was given ibuprofen to take 600mg 3 times a day about 2 day before egg retrieval. Could this have affected egg quality?

Before taking ibuprofen, estradiol was 306, progesterone 0.305, LH 7.93 FSH 4.64.Endometrial lining was 12.Endometrial grade was c. Follicle size 13.5 and17.5 .

After taking iburprofen , next day b/w and u/s results were estradiol 102, Progesterone 0.905, LH 13.09 FSH 11.6. Endometrial thickness 8.6. endometrial grade b. Follicle size 12, 16

I think that ibuprofen affected my egg quality. Should I reduce the dose of ibuprofen next time? Ibuprofen prevents ovulation but could it have affected the egg qaulity in the process. I did not take any else.I tend to be very sensitive to drugs. I am 40

Also what is the purpose of the trigger?

Thank you very much!

My pleasure. The rate limiting issue in reproduction is the DNA inside the egg. At 30, only 1/3 eggs are genetically normal. That makes natural IVF with one egg per IVF, the least cost-erffective approach. With one embryo on Day 5 of life, you would have a 30% chance of success. If it is still D2, perhaps 15% success at best. Hope that helps. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any additional questions.

Thank you Dr Saleh!

Can you tell me where I can read the articles about the 15% success rate for day 2. I am interested to read more on this.

I do not have a specific article. I am just quoting from what I know.