Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi all. My name is Veronica.

Default Hi all. My name is Veronica.

Hi.

Just wanted to say that it has been a year since my first miscarriage (A miracle that happened the month after I had been told that I would not be able to get pregnant naturally.) . We have just started to look into trying to have a child again. We really need ivf (yes, we applied for the scholarship), but are trying clomid until then. We have to save the money and figure if a miracle happened once, maybe it could happen again in the meantime.

I wish you all luck in your baby ventures.

Veronica

Default Good Luck to you

Just wanted to wish you luck! I hope you get your prayers answered.

Default 4 eggs and hubby gets sick. agh....

So, we tried clomid this month. I am a late ovulator (day 18?) and tomorrow is day 18. yesterday my hubby got a stomach flu, but we were able to take care of business today. Tomorrow we start using the suppositories of progesterone. I am trying to be hopeful. I hope it works out.

I know that men who are sick have a lower sperm count and mobility, so... it's frustrating. The timing was just not working this month I guess, but you never know. It could still happen.

Frustrated but trying to be positive.

Default getting hopeful...

Thank you for sharing with me. I am doing well right now. Getting excited to find out what is happening with IVF and INCIID. Haven't heard anything yet, but I am still hopeful.

I have a friend who is currently doing her second round of ivf with a donor egg. Send her your prayers please. She is having a hard time relaxing and letting go of what happened the last time.

I know that the docs always say to relax, but we all know it is the hardest thing to do.

Luv to you all.

Default update

Bad news first, my friend's second cycle did not work.

New news, i have a hysteroscopy tomorrow. we're trying o qualify for a refund if none of the cycles take. i hope that we have enough $. it's $1000 just for this test (w/blood work on me and my hubby and his sperm count). If we do the 3 try/year thing then it's $15,000 for the cycles and another 3-5 grand for meds. agh!

Any advice?

I am sorry for your friend's cycle failing.
    I wish I could give you some advice for the IVF cycles.
    Have you gone thru IVF before? IUIs? Male issues?
    Think about going out of the country? I am in Brazil
    at it costs about 4500 dollars plus meds. Good luck
    I know it can be overwhelming making these type decisions.

Default omg! $4500?

Good grief! I wish it only cost that much here. I think the flight and cost of staying would eventually be equal, but thanks for the info.

This is actually going to be our first time. I am still hoping that we will receive some help from inciid's grant, but i've come to the conclusion that it most likely will not happen considering how long it's been already with no word.

anyhow, i just had another hysteroscopy yesterday and I got a big "okay"! If everything goes well, we will be able to start trying anytime now as long as we can save up the money. right now we r in the process of selling our home. so hopefully we'll be able to get enough money soon.

thanks for the good wishes, i'll let you know when we start.

have you also considered Mini IVF? It can save tons because not as much stimuation drugs are used and you don't need to be put under to collect eggs.
    I think it can be as cheap as 5000.
    From what I read, it works best for women with tubal issues or male issues.
    You won't get as many eggs but if you don't have immune or other issues, it may be all it takes.
    Also, I used a pharmcy in the UK for my stimulation meds and saved a grand or so. I was on a standard Menopur protocol and bought the generic Menopur from them and it worked just fine. Let me know if you need this info.
    Also you can always keep your eyes peeled for ladies giving away unused meds.
    Good luck. I know how stressful it all can be!
    I am now trying to find away to finance the ivig for my FET! Its more (and I mean for one dose) than the IVF here!!

hello im new to this site. could anyone tell me my chances with IVF and mini IVF. i continue to pray and i dont give up easily. i had 4 ectopic pregnancies, diagnosed with endometriosis (treating now with lupron), loss of 1 tube and scarring in the other from endometriosis since 1995.

Default msprincess

your case sounds similar to mine. u should check with your doc. i have stage 4 endometriosis, fybroids, and just had polyps removed from my uterus, which thankfully were benign. the endo n fybroids damaged my tubes as well. I've had one miscarriage and learned afterwards that i didn't have the right level of progesterone.

we've tried clomid, post miscarriage, but my tubes are just too damaged. the clomid did let us know that i have eggs, which is a plus.

now we are trying to do ivf, but stuck with the financing. hopefully we can do it soon though. prayer & patience ...

I have to remember that one today, my hubby is driving me nuts. now that we got the green light from the last hysteroscopy, he's getting pushy and wants to start everything going. but he's really just giving me a headache because the questions he has can only be answered at the clinic. on the bright side, it means a lot to me that he really does want to be there and not let me go alone.

who knew, but now that we are getting close and closer, i'm a little bit afraid. i just want it to go well for us. make our dreams come true. as u all know, it's hard, esp. when u know it's u and not him .

i just have to remember to say no to anxiety, self blame, stress, worry, and doubt. lol. nothing major. lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast