Thread: Can't believe this... After 2 IVF babies---

SoniaO is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Can't believe this... After 2 IVF babies---

I took a pg test last night and got a POSITIVE! I am in shock!!

No... we weren't trying, we have a 15 month old and a 2 1/2 old at home. I am actually still breastfeeding my youngest! I took the test because I have been exhausted and my cycle was incredibly short.

History-- I have blocked tubes due to scarring from endometriosis. Went through IVF twice and had two successes. After the birth of my youngest, I developed a uterine prolapse, and was only a phone call away from a partial historectomy. I will be 38 later this month.

I went in for my BETA this morning and still waiting for the results. I am pretty confident that my last cycle was a normal one, so I would guess I am no more than 6 weeks??? Prenatals started last night...

HOLY CRAP!!!! I am scared... 3 kids- 3yo and under. DH? He's happy & excited.

I need some encouraging words if anyone is out there??? We are happy, but I was overwhelmed already with 2 babies!

SoniaO

Default Update-

1st beta- 82

I go in for second beta Friday morning. Nurse estimates the # at about 4 weeks. Sounds right to me...

Sonia - I am so happy for you . Quite our share of miracles in our little neck of the woods . I am praying for a great number for Friday. Did you take that first PIO yet?

Hugs and love!

Default Got second beta- not good news

My beta went down instead of doubling. Amazingly enough I've never had that happen so I honestly didn't even think of that as a possibility? I went through a gamut of emotions. Looking back I really think that my beta was on its way down on Wednesday already. I had been spotting the entire time. Nurse says that this could possibly be a sign of a tubal pregnancy so I go back on Monday for bloodwork again and I am to be on the lookout for pain on either side (which I am having slight pain on left side). A tubal would make sense for me because I have blocked tubes due to scarring. Sperm was probably able to manever through the "maze" to get into the tube but the embie was not able to get back out. I'll continue to self monitor and we'll see what they say on Monday. So- I guess this could be a blessing in disguise. Undetected tubals can have disasterous outcomes.

Get this... DH says to me- "Well- now that we know you CAN get pregnant should we try again?" I think our plate is full enough with the two blessings that we have. DH just needs to come to peace with it. I will be 38 in a couple weeks and DH is 46... Auugghh!!!

SoniaO

JulieATL is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Wow, Sonia, I just saw these posts..........m

Please update us as to how you're doing now. You said you were going in yesterday for bloodwork. Let us know what it says. What an ordeal in such a short period of time. Still nursing and everything (btw, kudos to you on nursing for so long!!!). My thoughts are with you regardless of the outcome. Huge hugs to you,

Julie

Julie- Thanks for the kind words.

I did start having more severe pains on my left side so I did call the on call Dr. She didn't suspect a tubal because the HCg levels normally rise slowly instead of drop (after she said that i remembered that from the IVF days). She was right- my pain has subsided and my cycle started "full speed ahead."

So... Unfortunately I have now joined the rest of the women in my family (except my mom) and have now experienced a loss. I hope I don't experience that ever again. Surely makes you appreciate the miracle of life and all the miracles that happen along the way...

Now I can stop nursing on Lindsey & I's time frame (much to my mother's dismay...) instead of RE telling me I need to stop.

Sonia

JulieATL is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Oh Sonia........m

I'm sorry for this loss, even though the brief pg was totally unexpected and unplanned, it hurts just the same. I'm proud of you for continuing to nurse, despite your sadness. It would be easy to feel like giving up and just kind of turn inward. But sounds like it's still a mutually rewarding experience for both and you can have that closeness with Linsdey for as long as you want. Post more here or on PAI or wherever if you need to "talk" about it any more. We're here for you always.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by SoniaO View Post
    Julie- Thanks for the kind words.

I did start having more severe pains on my left side so I did call the on call Dr. She didn't suspect a tubal because the HCg levels normally rise slowly instead of drop (after she said that i remembered that from the IVF days). She was right- my pain has subsided and my cycle started "full speed ahead."

So... Unfortunately I have now joined the rest of the women in my family (except my mom) and have now experienced a loss. I hope I don't experience that ever again. Surely makes you appreciate the miracle of life and all the miracles that happen along the way...

Now I can stop nursing on Lindsey & I's time frame (much to my mother's dismay...) instead of RE telling me I need to stop.

Sonia