Thread: u/s and heart rate question

Default u/s and heart rate question

I am currently 9 wks pregnant and just went for my 3rd u/s scan yesterday. On my second u/s they found that they baby was a measuring 7.4 mm with a HB of about 130. At that time he also found a very large SCH measuring approximately 3x4 cm. I was placed on bedrest for 2 weeks and went for a follow-up scan yesterday. The SCH has not increased in size and according to my RE appears to be liquefying which he told me is a sign that the body i trying to take care of it and that it should hopefully begin to reabsorb or drain out. The CRL measured just over 2 cm and baby had a HR or 147.

My question is this. It seems that for this gestational age baby is continuing to measure a little small and the HR is lower than expected. It seems like many of my friends on various forums have HR in the 160-170's at this gestational age. Is this a cause for concern? The dates of the pregnancy are not in question as I conceived via IVF. Could this be an indicator of problems or is this still within the range of normal variability at this stage. Thank you

Hi,

You have to ask your doctor if those measurements are normal for their center. Fetal growth and development can vary so there's a normal range that the doctor should have listed in their clinic...

Congrats,
    Dr. Roseff in Florida
    Dr. Roseff - South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine - Boca Raton, FL
    PERSONALIZED/SUCCESSFUL Specialty care....

As you’re not my patient, information herein may be incomplete/inaccurate & I can't be responsible for your actions. This is for educational purposes & should never be used to replace information & care rendered by your own doctor. No part of this message may be reproduced, printed, or posted elsewhere without express written authorization of Dr. Roseff or INCIID.