Thread: Uterine Polyps?

Default Uterine Polyps?

I recently had a miscarriage and during the several week process of bleeding various tissue came out and which I specifically noticed a small rectangular white bone-like looking thing but soft and it was vascular in the middle, in what I would describe as stalk-like and not related to the embryo b/c I was only at 6 weeks. I asked my RE and their response was no it wasn't a polyp all kinds of weird tissue comes out as a result of miscarriages. My question are can they see polyps on regular ultrasounds and would they have noticed during the follicular monitoring prior to ovulation? Would the miscarriage have flushed all the polyps out of my uterus? I've now been spotting for 5 days before my period starts could this be a sign of polyps or just my cycle readjusting post miscarriage?

The best way to diagnose uterine polyps is to have a hysterosonogram with saline. This would answer this question of whether you have polyps that need removal. Dr. Coulam

Thanks for your reply... I had an HSG w/iodine done in June and then took Follistim injections in August only to miscarry in Sept.... could the polyps have grown in that time period??? I'm just hesitant to bring it up with my RE again b/c they already said no, but I'm convinced what came out of me during my miscarriage was not normal.

Anything is possible but not probable. The best way to tell if you have polysps that would interfer with future pregnancies is to do a hysterosonogram. Dr. Coulam