Thread: 3rd u/s at 8w2d (mixed news)

Default 3rd u/s at 8w2d (mixed news)

We saw two heartbeats before I was released from the IVF clinic. But I saw my OB last week and he wanted to do another u/s which I just did today.

Only one embryo is still growing. Thank god that one is on target and had a nice heartbeat. The other one stopped growing. I wasn't expecting this after seeing the heartbeats two weeks ago.

I'm so nervous about the other one now...very sad that we lost one but so grateful that there is still one growing well.

Levana

JulieATL is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Wow, it's so hard to know how to feel.....m

I'm so happy that your one is still going really strong, but I'm sad for your other embie. Of course you weren't expecting it, when everything looked so great with both of them. I understand why you are so nervous now, IF is sooooo hard - constant changing of emotions.

I hope you're able to stay positive and that you keep getting good reports about your little guy. What's your next step, do they want you to come back for another u/s any time soon?

Take good care, keep us updated.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by Levana View Post
    We saw two heartbeats before I was released from the IVF clinic. But I saw my OB last week and he wanted to do another u/s which I just did today.

Only one embryo is still growing. Thank god that one is on target and had a nice heartbeat. The other one stopped growing. I wasn't expecting this after seeing the heartbeats two weeks ago.

I'm so nervous about the other one now...very sad that we lost one but so grateful that there is still one growing well.

Levana

So sorry that one did not make it. I hope your next u/s shows the remaining baby strong and growing.

Levana -

I'm so sorry that you lost one of your little guys....I know that's not what you expected at all. How is the other one doing? How are you?

Thinking of you!
    Patti

Don't know if you remember me or not but we were chatting back and forth around the time of our last IVF cycle, Levana. Anyways, last I heard, you were debating when to try again and were gonna wait until your parents or in-laws came for their visit. I'm really happy to hear that you've tried again and that the cycle worked!!! That's sooooo exciting! Please give us an update when you can. I'm thinking of you!!

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default i know all too well how it feels (surviving embie/child mntd)

ny surving embie is now 10yrs old. we celebrate his bday with great flair every year but inside i always think what it would have been like to have a twins bday party. dh rarely brings it up...he never bonded so to speak with the embie as i did and the idea of twins.

to this day, we never told our son he has/had a twin that didnt survive the pg. hang in there!!! i will keep you and your sweet embie in my prayers