Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A little nervous!!

Hello Dr. Coulam,
    It's been a while. I just wanted to update, I did have the d&c with chromosomes done. The chromosomes were completely normal. They are thinking it was something with implantation. (to me, that means, lack of metformin!) So, I've been on the metformin since I started it in April.
    My husband and I are ttc again. With my 2 kids, it took just 6 weeks to get pregnant after starting the metformin. We tried last month and didn't work. Do you think the metformin stops working after a while, or should it still be working?

Thank you for the follow-up. I am so sorry about the outcome. But you are doing the right thing with the d&c. Be sure to get chromsome analysis on this pregnancy to see if we have an explanation for the loss. My thoughts are with you. Dr. Coulam

Dr coulam, can you please see if my last post shows for you? I had a question about metformin. Thanks.

You have been on metformin long enough for it to work. As long as you are taking it, it should be effective, ie, it doest "stop" working. Dr. Coulam

Dr Coulam,
    Thought I'd let you know, I finally got pregnant again after 7 months from my mc. I am now 13 weeks and everything is great! I took the metformin the whole time ttc, until 12 weeks. Thanks for all your help!
    FYI-I have referred 3 people to you ever since I discovered your practice and how you helped me!

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you. Thank you for your support. Dr. Coulam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2