Thread: Endo?

Default Endo?

Hi I'm new to this board. Just to give you a little info about me, my husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 1.5 years. Last October we went to see an RE to do some testing. I had the day 3 cycle test (forgot the exact name) and had an HSG. Everything came up fine. My husband had a sperm analysis and that was fine as well. So, we had planned to have an IUI w/injectibles but we had gotten pregnant naturally. However, the pregnancy ended at around 10 weeks. The baby measured small at the 7 week ultrasound, but had a hearbeat. About 2 weeks after the ultrasound, I started spotting. Went to the ob, had another ultrasound, and there was no longer a heartbeat. Had a D&C about a week later. My OB performed the D&C and the fetus was examined but nothing was found to be wrong. I guess it was categorized as a spontaneous abortion.

Anyway, I just have some concerns. Since trying to conceive, I've been pretty in tuned with my body. I can pretty much predict when I'm about to ovulate because I have very strong symptoms. One being Mittelschmerz, which lasts about 2-3 days, off and on. Another symptom I have is sciatica. this can last for several days. I have always had issues with my back but it seems as if the pain/sciatica becomes more intense during when I ovulate and may last up until I get my period. The sciatic pain totally disappears when I get my period but returns during ovulation. I've been reading up on this and I've seen that it could be a sign of endo. However, I've read that the sciatic pain normally occurs during menstruation. My periods are regular, about 25-26 days. I don't have excessive bleeding or cramping (usually the heaving bleeding and cramping occurs during the first 2 days).

Sorry for the long story, but could it be possible that I may have endo? I'm a little freaked out by it and I know how it can have such a devastating affect of fertility. I actually go back to see my RE on 6/16/11 because my husband and I have started trying again for the last 4 mos. with no success.

Forgot to mention that I've been told that I have a tilted uterus (it tilts backwards) and have small fibroids. Actually, the women in my family have had issues with fibroids but none diagnosed with endo as far as I know. not sure if the tilted uterus or fibroids relates to the sciatic pain.

Tilted uterus not an issue. See also post about laparoscopy on this message board. Most important info is your age to answer your question?

Clomid is all you need. The injections are over-priced for what they do. Almost same pregnancy rate as injectibles.

Hope that helps.

This is not a medical advice