Thread: There's a HEARTBEAT!

SoniaO is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default There's a HEARTBEAT!

I went in for my 2nd ultrasound on Wednesday right before we left town for vacation and GREAT NEWS! There was a HEARTBEAT! Slow (only like 60 bpm) but the embryo only measured 5w5d- so we were lucky there was a heartbeat at all!

OK- I don't keep track of my cycle days, BD'ing or anything anymore. Only did that when we were TRYING to get PG. I do know that i didn't have any cycle in May... I was spotting over Memorial Day weekend, but no AF. This may be TMI but here goes--- there were only 2 time that we BD'd that this pregnancy could have resulted from... One time mid-May and the second like 5 days before the (+) HPT. I ASSUMED that it was the earlier time and when I went in for my first u/s (6/17), the dates were way off- so when the sac only measured 5w3d, we assumed it stopped developing. The second u/s was only 5 days later (just to check for growth) and the fetal pole was now very visiable and the heartbeat. The tech explained something about when nothing is visiable in the sac, the dates are hard to guess? But when ?the fetal pole? is visable- it's much more accurate to put an age on the embryo? My mind was spinning, so if I'm not explaining it correctly- forgive me. ANYWAYS... The dates are fine.

Is there anyone else out there that had a (+) HPT so soon???

Next u/s is scheduled for this Friday- 7/1.

Bad news for me- We were done with having babies (or so we thought) I gave all my favorite maternity clothes to my SIL who is expecting in November. Kicker is that we saw her this weekend while on vaca and she didn't offer it back. I am afraid that she may have donated it to Goodwill already because she knew it would be too small for her. I have to dress up for work, so alot of my stuff was dress clothes. Anyone have any XL maternity clothes they are willing to part with? I'll buy it from you!?

SoniaO is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default update- started spotting more

They brought me in for a scan and the heartbeat was no longer there. There also was no growth since the last scan.

Rollercoaster comes to a screaching halt.

D&C is scheduled for Thursday.

Now we need to decide if I want to get a tubal or not...

JulieATL is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Oh no Sonia!!!!

This can't be! I just read both of your last updates today so I got all the news at once. I am so so so sorry, I can't believe it. I absolutely hate this roller coaster, hope then no hope than more hope then no hope. What human can handle all this? I know how you got so attached to your bean, especially since it was a miracle bean. I cannot tell you how sorry I am to hear this. I was so happy for you and pulling for your sweet little bean. I do hope you have support and family nearby to help you through this week of hell. Good luck on Thursday and with your decision about the tubal. How quickly we have to change from thinking about maternity clothes to permanent birth control. Life is unfair. I'm so sad for you.

Super duper all around,
    Julie

P.S. I'm not sure that too many people regularly check beta board but I know everyone will want to give you support if you want it. You might consider posting a note on PAI or PNO to check over here so you can get love from those who have BTDT.

Quote Originally Posted by SoniaO View Post
    They brought me in for a scan and the heartbeat was no longer there. There also was no growth since the last scan.

Rollercoaster comes to a screaching halt.

D&C is scheduled for Thursday.

Now we need to decide if I want to get a tubal or not...