Thread: Wasn't what I expected...Levana are you around? (preg mentioned)

Default Wasn't what I expected...Levana are you around? (preg mentioned)

Hi -

I'm 7w3d today and we went in for the heartbeat u/s. We had heard several guesses that we had twins - because my beta and progesterone have been really, really high.

So, we walked in and saw 2 gestational sacs. One with a baby in it growing and heart beating and everything. Yay! And one with debris in it (no baby, no heartbeat).

I didn't sleep well last night which probably isn't helping the emotional rollercoaster. I am so excited that I am pregnant and the baby looks awesome. Don't get me wrong. But I am really upsest that the other baby is not with us anymore (but still - it had attached - medical mystery solved for me, I guess). Maybe I'll feel better after a nap....sigh.

Patti

JulieATL is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Congratulations and mixed feelings I suppose....m

It's hard to be so excited and so sad at the same time. I'm so happy for your little 7 week old bean and wish you all the best on his/her journey of growing and developing. And I'm so sorry that your other little bean was not to be. It's hard to grieve when you want to be so positive but like you said, IF is an emotional rollercoaster from the very beginning to the very end - which isn't birth, it's their entire life! Keep us updated.

Love to and the little sweetie!

- Julie

Quote Originally Posted by aandp View Post
    Hi -

I'm 7w3d today and we went in for the heartbeat u/s. We had heard several guesses that we had twins - because my beta and progesterone have been really, really high.

So, we walked in and saw 2 gestational sacs. One with a baby in it growing and heart beating and everything. Yay! And one with debris in it (no baby, no heartbeat).

I didn't sleep well last night which probably isn't helping the emotional rollercoaster. I am so excited that I am pregnant and the baby looks awesome. Don't get me wrong. But I am really upsest that the other baby is not with us anymore (but still - it had attached - medical mystery solved for me, I guess). Maybe I'll feel better after a nap....sigh.

Patti

Congratulations, aandp! So glad you were able to see a little flickering heartbeat, and also sharing in your sadness that the second baby was not to be **hugs**. I hope everything is nice and stable and predictable for the rest of your pregnancy.

SoniaO is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

CONGRATS on the heartbeat of your beautiful little baby!!!!

Sorry to hear about the loss of the second baby though. What a journey this is...

Hoping for a long, boring, uneventful remainder of your pregnancy! :-)

Sonia

Thank you all for the very kind words.

I think I'm doing better this week - at least getting more sleep for now - so that's probably helping the processing. I go in tomorrow for more bloodwork and then next week for a 9 1/2 week u/s....I can only pray there are no surprises there...I think I'm just more nervous because I didn't think that anything was wrong originally, so how would I know if something happened to the one I'm still carrying...?

Oh aandp, I will pray that the rest of the first trimester goes quickly. It is just so hard . If you scroll down and read my neurotic posts from when I was pregnant with Andrew, you'll see that I was just recently having so many of the same feelings. I found it helpful to focus on the normal test findings that were available (good heartbeat on your baby) and remind myself that I was doing my best and that was all I could do.

I hope tomorrow's bloodwork and next week's u/s can give you some peace of mind to rest and keep going day by day.

Hugs and support are coming your way.

(((HUGS))) Patti...I know just how you feel...it is very hard to feel so sad and thankful at the same time. I still think about the embie that we lost and wonder about it. I was alone at the u/s when I found out that we lost one -- it definitely would have been easier if dh had been with me.

Also, I totally relate to your worry about the other embie. I went to urgent care (well, the equivalent there of here in Israel) one night just to get an u/s to make sure the other embie was still okay. It was super nerve wracking until I started to feel movement.

Anyway, I'll keep lurking to hear more updates from you -- can't wait to hear about the U/S you have scheduled. I'm very excited for you!

Levana

Default Thanks again for all of your sweet comments!

Levana/Augie - thanks for confirming that I'm normal with freaking out about this one. My blood pressure was through the roof this week....

But we had our second u/s on Tuesday at 9 1/2 weeks. Our baby looks perfect and has caught up from the little bit behind it was at first. Heartbeat is really, really strong.

Sad news is that Baby A's gestational sack is still there. Hasn't grown, hasn't shrunk, but the 'debris' is now gone. They say it will absorb, but I guess I'll just get my opportunity to mourn through some of these u/s for a while. Doesn't look like it's going anywhere...I hate seeing that empty sack. And my bloodwork would still indicate 2.

But I'm feeling much better about our baby and getting so much more excited with each passing day...yay! I've graduated to my OB!

Thanks so much for sharing and best of luck to you!