Thread: First time talking about 2 miscarriages

Default First time talking about 2 miscarriages

Good Morning,Afternoon, or Evening to you all,

My name is Kayla Valdez, I am 24 and I have had two ectopic pregnancies. I have not seen a thread for this particular type of miscarriage, but this looks like the place to start posting. My husband and I have been ttc since February of 2008. I had my first tubal pregnancy Feb 08 and lost my left fallopian tube. Since then we have had alot infertility testing (blood testing, HSG, multiple semen analysis, etc) and decided this time last year to pursue IUI. We went through three cycles with clomid and on our third try had our second IUI and I lost my right fallopian tube. I am now not able to concieve naturally. So those are the technicals of where we are at (fyi my husbands testing has all been normal).

The real reason I am posting is because I have weird moments when I cannot think of anything but the loss of two possible baby's and the stress of not knowing when I will be able to afford IVF and be a mother.

After my last miscarriage (June this year) I did not really react emotionally. Now I find it hard to concentrate at work sometimes and have to keep myself from obssessing over trying to plan an IVF cycle. It feels good to get this out in a community of people that I know can relate.

I suppose I will close this by asking, where does one being in the IVF process?

I am sorry to hear of your losses. You are correct in looking forward to IVF as it is your best option for getting pregnant at this time. The place to start would be to find reproductive endocrinologist in your are that doese IVF and make an appoint for consultation. Where do you live? Dr. Coulam

Good Morning Dr. Coulam, nice to meet you,

I currently live in Tampa, Florida. I have been seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist (sorry for spelling) at the University of Southern Florida, and just made an appointment to discuss IVF.

So I hope this appointment will help direct me in acquring the financial means, as this is our biggest worry...once we have figured that out we hope the stress will subside and things will just fall into place!

Great! Be sure and let us know how things turn out. Dr. Coulam