Thread: losses and IVF

Default losses and IVF

OK I will get right to it.
    Had 1st m/c in December 2007. Unknown reason. 2nd m/c February 2008, molar. Genetic testing revealed positive MTHFR. Waited 6 months. Couldn't get pregnant naturally after that. Had 4 IUI, nothing happened. First IVF April 2009 - resulted in fraternal twins born December 28, 2009. All with 1st husband.
    Got remarried. 2nd husband had vasectomy long before we were married. 1st IVF attempt February 2011 - no sperm from aspiration, IVF cancelled.
    2nd IVF attempt May 2011. Testicular punch biopsy. 15 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized via ICSI. 2 transferred. Got pregnant. D&C after missed AB at 8 weeks. No frozen embryos. Sperm frozen. 3rd IVF attempt September 2011. Overstimulated! 26 eggs. Frozen sperm was no good, so another punch biopsy for my poor husband. 17 eggs fertilized via ICSI. 3 transferred. Got pregnant with twins, froze ONE. Lost first twin naturally. D&C tomorrow for second one. 8 weeks missed AB again.
    After the last D&C they tested everything and said there were no products of conception. Everything just keeps coming back empty. THey also told us that my husband has poor sperm quality and low sperm count. The ONE frozen embryo is a day 6 and they said it looks good.
    I obviously can GET pregnant but can't stay pregnant. What should I do about the frozen embryo? Is this ever going to work for me?

It will eventually work for you. You have proven that you can deliver children. But withoout knowing why you are having trouble maintaining pregnancies, it is difficult to say if you need addition treatment during the FET or whether there is a sperm contribution. Dr. Coulam

Hi Chrissys,

I too have had simular issues like you. I am going for a D&C on Monday after my embryo stopped growing at six weeks two days. I am very sad because unlike the patients that are blessed to have insurance that pay for a few cycles my husband and I have used every dime saved for this pregnancy. This has gotten me so worked up that I am joining the advocacy group Resolve to fight for the rights of infertility suffers. I am so sorry for you loss and know firsthand how you are feeling. Keep following you dream to expand your family and it will happen. I have problems holding a pregnancy and the only thing that works for me in early pregnancy is the progesterone in oil injections. I tried to tell this to my doctor and he acted like I was inexperienced and put me on Cronine 8% which is known to stop the growth of an embryo in early fetal development. I truly hope that you and your husband decide to put the last frozen embryo. Just pray, eat right, and take it easy for the first couple of weeks and it will be successful.

Angry Recurrent Pregnancy Loss

I too have had a history of recurrent pregnancy loss. Not only is it very difficult to go through infertility treatments, it is both emotionally and financially draining, things get so much harder when you are not able to carry. After trying to get pregnant for years, we finally got the call that our IVF took and were so excited only to find out two weeks later that I had a chemical pregnancy. About a year and a half later we were able to get pregnant again this time by FET and we found out at 10 weeks that the baby had stopped growing and there was no longer a heart beat. It is so unbelievably devastating to get your hopes up and see that baby growing inside of you and see the heart beat only to have your dreams ripped apart only weeks later. I feel for all of you ladies out there going through the same thing. Not only do I have a hard time feeling like I am less of a woman because I am not able to do what God designed us to do but I have been unsuccessful at carrying a baby as well so far. Life is so unfair sometimes...

Default Estrogen and progesterone

Dr. Coulam:

Can an imbalance in estrogen and progesterone cause fetal destress?

Any imbalance in estrogen and prgesterone is usualoly the resuot rather than the cause of fetal distress. Dr. Coulam

Default ivf and loss

I just had my embryo transfer 12/16/11, my baby passed away 1/12/12 and worse yet had no embryos frozen. ( 22 collected, 5 fertilized, 3 arrested development) insurance covered 2,500 so the rest is left up to me and not enough to try again.......... oh, btw this was pregnancy 6 and ivf cycle # 2

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Do we know why you have difficulty generating embryos? Dr. Coulam

i am sorry to hear about your loss.
    Last edited by inciidadmin; 01-24-2015 at 01:08 PM.