Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wishing for IVF grant

Tresa1004,

There are numerous possibilities as far as the fundraising goes. The most important thing to remember is that all fundraising plans must be approved through Nancy and Linda first.

With that being said, many on the board have mentioned spaghetti dinners, raffles, auctions, car washes, ect.

I started with the fundraising letter provided on the board, (with some tweaking of course). It was meant as a jumping off point, but thankfully I was able to raise the needed funds on the letter alone. I sent it to EVERYONE! Friends, family, business colleagues (be careful with this one, don't want to get in trouble with your employer), church members, even my hairdresser!

Hope this helps!

Hello!! My husband and I are also a scholarship recepients. It took us less than 3 months to raise our fund raising commitment. I wrote letters to everyone that I knew (including all my facebook friends). We held a spaghetti supper at our church. The amazing thing about the whole process is finding out how many people near and dear to us have fertility issues and by doing our fund raising, we connected with them in a whole different way. Also, telling people about INCIID and that there is actually a whole community of people going through similiar problems encouraged friends and family who were suffering through this awful "infertility rollercoaster". Awareness is a huge aspect of the fund raising. I know that some people even had their local papers run stories about the scholarship. I wish you all the best of luck!

Default Spaghetti Dinner

I think we may borrow your idea and do a spaghetti dinner. Did you sell tickets to the spaghetti dinner? Were people allowed to donate more so that you were able reach you goal? Did you have a silent auction for gift baskets? Thank for your message.

We sold tickets for $1 to raffle off a quilt. I can't remember exactly how much the spaghetti dinner cost...I believe around $5. But, a lot of people gave more. I was sure to send a thank you to every person who donated. A silent auction is a great idea. I know that some people have used those to get closer to their goal. I just didn't have time to get the baskets together. Also, another person has a golf tournement. That's a great idea for a spring fundraiser. (haha depending on where in the country you are located.)

Very true Linda. I sent a personal note of thanks to each and every person who donated as well.

hello, my hubby and i are new here also and currently in the process of gathering all info to get the application sent in. prayers are strong for us we have a wonderful support group. PRAYING THIS IS OUR CHANCE

Hello,

Hubby and I have racking brain and we have plans for if and when we become a scholarship recipient.. we have a local screen printer that is willing to do some shirts, one of the ways were going to fundraise is sell infertility shirts to support the cause there are so many ladies that i have on my other support groups plus family and friends that i know would purchase and their friends, its just getting the word out there and supporting the cause for infertility and helping couples, will be a long life goal for me i will not stop after i have reached our goal. I have been touched knowing that infertility is real and infertility is heart wrenching, and with out the support groups that I am currently apart of i dont know what i would do, they are very helpful and amazing....

Default Where in Louisiana is IVF offered free

Where in Louisiana is IVF offered free

Default fund raiser

a spaghetti dinner sounds like great idea. it must be a lot of work & took alot of planning.you are right, there a lot of people in similar situations in child bearing.it is very stressful & takes a toll on a relationship.

ya that is a good idea...... ya know i am involved and admin for a support group & alolt of women /men have said that it takes a toll on a relationship, but i can honestly say, "the unfortunately journey of infertility has brought us closer" my husband is THE best supporter i could ask for he is amazing and a "champ" couldnt ask for a better "Husband" are you a recipient cooljanna ?????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast