Thread: Hi, we are newbies here :)

Default Hi, we are newbies here :)

Hi Everyone!
    My husband and I will soon be applying for the IVF scholarship. We are very excited, and of course nervous about our journey ahead.
    My husband has cystic fibrosis, so we are dealing with male infertility issues. I am not a carrier of the cystic fibrosis gene, so it is ok for us to conceive through IVF.
    We are looking forward to getting to know other couples on the forum and we look forward to posting about our application status!
    If there are any other couples here who are dealing with infertility related to cystic fibrosis specifically we would love to chat!
    Lindsey and Damian
    Oh, and we are located in California!

Welcome Lindsey and Damian!!

We are in CA too! We have other members dealing with CF and have overcome their infertility that resulted, hopefully they will make contact with you.

Hey, I'm Kari and my husband Chris and I are going through the same thing... He has CF, I'm not a carrier. We were accepted into the scholarship program and have finished our fundraising and waiting to be matched with a Doctor now. The waiting is rough. I have done TONS of research about CF infertility (there's not a lot out there about the CF male infertility) and I will be happy to share what I know. I hope you apply for the scholarship, Because trust me I know how much you are spending on healthcare if your insurance is anything like ours! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Val. is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Welcome and good luck with the journey ahead! I know nothing about his issues with ttc, but am glad you are taking the steps to try to create a family! Much luck.