Thread: A mass inside the gestational sac?

SoniaO is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default A mass inside the gestational sac?

I am hoping that someone out there has BTDT and can talk me down...

I had my first ultrasound this morning. Baby looks GREAT and has a strong healthy heartbeat of 128. Yah! I am 6w5d along & babe is right on track.

BUT... There is a MASS inside the gestational sac that protrudes to the outside. The THING is about 3-4 times the size of baby. Does not appear to have any blood flow. Does not appear to be connected to baby.

I have been digesting this news all day.

What is it & how did it get there??? Question of the day... It's not a lost twin because the mass is so much bigger...

Since there is no blood flow... it shouldn't grow right? Well then how did it get as big as it as??? I wish it was easy to post pictures... I'd post for you gals to see...

Dr. just said that we will watch it. He has no clue what it is. In his experience, it's most likely to just go away. My next u/s is scheduled for 3 weeks from today. Dr. asked if that would be too long? At the time... my thoughts were that since there is nothing that can be done.... I guess not. But, now that I have had time to think about it? That I may need to go in sooner to see what the THING is doing...

I wish it was easier to not worry... Or obsess about this...

Has anyone been through this?

SoniaO

Did your doctor seem worried? Did it help that your doctor said he had never seen that before? I have no experience or advise just I would want to go for an ultrasound sooner than three weeks, but I'm like that.
    Cricket

psilverman is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default No experience but focus on the good....

Baby is on track and looks good!!! Congrats by the way!!!

cyster is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I'm sorry I have no experience to share, but I would want an ultrasound sooner than that - I'd want every week, but would probably settle for every other to see if there are any changes. Wishing you all the best!!! jody

SoniaO is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by homeschoolmom View Post
    Did your doctor seem worried?
    His words were, "I'm not seeing anything that would make me say OMG."

Quote Originally Posted by homeschoolmom View Post
    I would want to go for an ultrasound sooner than three weeks, but I'm like that.
    My mind was still spinning when the Dr. came in & talked to us. I'm totally like that also... I will likely be a regular in the RE waiting room. I think I will call tomorrow & schedule one for next week...