Thread: About to start IVF...scared to death!

Default About to start IVF...scared to death!

Hello all,
    Reading some of these threads makes me realize how many women struggle with this and how much I have to learn. I've just gone through months of what seems like endless testing to get me ready for IVF. The last one, an endometrial biopsy, was so horrific that I wanted to call it all off.

Now I'm facing starting the stimulation injections by myself ( my husband is in the military and often gone). I'm so scared I won't be able to do it, or I'll get it wrong or something. Can't sleep because of all the anxiety/stress.

Also really resent comments that if I'm not up to doing this, I must not really want a baby. Ugh.just feeling bad!

Any advice or words of encouragement out there?

Hi Tjarh3! You wrote this a few days ago. How are things going now? I am a major wimp when it comes to needles, so totally am with you on how intimidating the stimulation injections can be! I didn't know if I could do it, but somehow I have been finding the strength. I am actually not as anxious as I was at first. I am on day 7 and it feels like I've been doing it forever! Hope all is going well for you.
    Melisa