Thread: Another Newbie here! :)

Default Another Newbie here! :)

Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself since I'm new here. I'm Brittney and I have participated in forums on another website for the last two years while TTC our first but I'm excited to join the INCIID forum in hopes to meet more friends going through the IF journey while also gaining more knowledge and support along the way of our own journey.

A little bit of our background: We started TTC in late July/Early August of 2010. After numerous tests the OB and RE confirmed that I ovulate regularly and have clear tubes and only need a small amount of meds to regulate my thyroid levels which were just barely out of normal range. At the year mark, my husband was finally told to have an SA done. We received the diagnosis of Male Factor IF. His horomone levels are normal so the docs have only suggested vitamins to help since there hasn't been clear cause. After almost 2 years, we've never seen a positive pregnancy test and the urologist and RE keep telling us to go straight to IVF. Our insurance doesnt cover IVF so we're saving as much as we can and waiting for a miracle.

Hi bconnelly,
    Are you planning on applying for the IVF scholarship? My husband and I recently applied in April and we are eagerly waiting to hear back! My husband has Cystic Fibrosis (a genetic lung condition) and a weird side effect to CF in (most) males is that the vas deferens tube is missing, thus resulting in the sperm having no way to travel. So we need to go through IVF and ICSI for sperm retrieval in order to get pregnant. It is very expensive so we are hoping this scholarship can really help us reach our goal! Please keep us posted on your journey, we love hearing other people's stories and supporting each other!

Hi Lindsey,

Yes, we're planning on applying. We're gathering all of our documents as we speak and it's almost complete. I too hope that the scholarship can help you and I! I emailed the INCIID to find out the specifics of our Tax Return documents to find out if they need ALL the pages or just the 1040 form we submitted. Hopefully I hear back soon.

Thanks for saying HI and sharing your story! It's nice to meet you! I'm glad to find another dealing with Male Factor IF on here. I looked for a thread specific to that diagnosis but couldn't find one. Do you mean you need TESE/ TESA for sperm retrieval/extraction? I thought ICSI is removing the step of allowing natural sperm/egg penetration where the sperm is instead injected directly into the egg. Since my husband has 0% morphology (no normal shaped sperm) our RE said that his sperm can't penetrate an egg naturally which is why we need ICSI. Maybe I'm mistaken? Anyway, I hope to keep in contact along our journey! Good luck to you and your husband regarding the scholarship!

It's official, our application is in the mail!

Woo Hoo!! Good luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by Annette View Post
    Woo Hoo!! Good luck to you
    Thank you Annette! I did a little dance when I mailed it! The postmaster laughed at me, I didn't mind...I laughed too!

Good luck to you both!

Hello again,

Since it's been a few months since my original intro, I thought I would give a brief update. We haven't heard anything yet about the scholarship, but trying to remain hopeful.

We tried a round of medicated IUI with trigger in September of last year with no luck. The clinic is aware that we're unable to go the IVF route financially so we're trying another medicated IUI with trigger this next cycle.

Hoping to hear some updates from others with good news for inspiration!