Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Iui with donor Sperm

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default Iui with donor Sperm

    I don't know if anyone knows the answer to this question or not. Does anyone know how much IUI with donor sperm would be? My husband and I are looking into it as he cannot have children of his own. We really want a child together. If anyone knows I would appreciate it.

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,235

    Default

    Hi adidiano,

    Have you spoken with a Reproductive Endocrinologist yet? They would be able to tell you the cost (because each clinic has different prices) and would be able to suggest possible sperm banks. If you have a Sher Institute in your area I highly recommend going to them. Good luck to you!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Adidiano,


    Hi there! I'm really sorry about your situation. I hope you soon find the answer to resolve your infertility so you can have a beautiful baby in your arms soon.


    Although we haven't gone through an IUI, we did research a variety of options and it included the costs of IUI with Donor Sperm. Annette is absolutely right that each clinic has different pricing so its best to contact your specific clinic. The other thing is IUI has many different options available that would affect the price. When contacting your RE about IUI, I would ask if he/she would be recommending any ovulatory medications. Without trying to overwhelm you with information, here are the different types of IUI options that I was informed about from my RE. The cost goes up as you get further down the list. The IUI costs the same but the meds are what increases the costs so you would need to ask your RE if he would want you on any meds for the IUI.
    1. IUI (natural - no ovulatory stimulating meds - ie. clomid)
    2. IUI (natural - no ovulatory stimulating meds - ie. clomid) with hCG Trigger Shot to release the egg(s). (trigger shot ensures appropriate timing of IUI)
    3. IUI - Oral Meds (with oral ovulatory stimulating meds - ie. clomid)
    4. IUI - Oral Meds (with oral ovulatory stimulating meds - ie. clomid) with hCG Trigger Sho to release the egg(s).
    5. IUI - Hybrid Meds (with oral ovulatory stimulating meds AND injectible ovulatory stimulating meds (ie. clomid and gonal-f)
    6. IUI - Hybrid Meds (with oral ovulatory stimulating meds AND injectible ovulatory stimulating meds (ie. clomid and gonal-f) with hCG Trigger Shot to release the egg(s).
    7. IUI - Injectible Meds (with injectible ovulatory stimulating meds (ie. gonal-f)
    8. IUI - Injectible Meds (with injection ovulatory stimulating meds (ie. gonal-f) with hCG Trigger Shot to release the egg(s).
    The cost of Donor Sperm varies quite a bit too. First I would discuss it with your RE then you can look up a variety of resources online. I've seen donor sperm costs as low as $400 upwards to $800 (or higher) for IUI ready vials. Keep in mind that depending on where your order it from there could be shipping costs as well. I've seen upwards of $150 for long distances. You could reduce the costs if you were interested in using a known donor.

    I hope that information helps! Your best answer will be to call and ask your clinic what the costs are. Good Luck and God Bless!

    P.S.
    In case you want to know why we didn't go that route. After many long discussions about this option we agreed that at this time, it wouldn't be a good fit for us but every couple is completely different and there are many couples where it's the answer to their prayers!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default need advice

    Hello girls.

    I would like to ask you if you can spare some time
    and gave me your sincere opinion please. Can you advice me why clinics they
    don't use IUI method with fresh sperm ??? As success rate is so low[10%]
    with standard IUI. Why potential donor health is not checked 1 month before
    he give sperm donation and therefore with avoiding a freezing process
    chances for succesful pregnancy will be at least 50%. I can't afford IVF and
    after failing. Its our money running low so I and my partner were
    thinking to find a nurse and donor to perform IUI without freezing the
    sperm. For surely before that donor need to pass medical check up to see if
    he is suitable to become a donor. Are they really big chances that sperm got
    infected in contact with air and therfore baby is born with disabilities
    ??? I REALLY,REALLY APRECIATE PEOPLE IF YOU COULD ADVISE ME ON THAT ISSUE!!
    THANK YOU IN ADVANCE VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SINCERE ANSWERS


    GOD BLESS !!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,235

    Default

    Hi suki,

    This is just my opinion, I could be off-base. I think the main reason fresh sperm is not used is because there is a short window for viability before it has to be frozen. I don't know how long of a period fresh sperm lasts, but it seems like only a couple of hours at the most judging by the process that my husband and I have gone through. So in the case of clinics and sperm banks, I think it would be very rare to have a donor and recipient in the same vicinity at the same time unless they knew each other and had planned it.

    Good luck to you!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hi Annette,

    Thank you for your opinion. If you have any new information, please post me.

    Wish you and your family good health and success

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hello Annette


    In case you might know somebody who's in trouble co-parentmatch website have donors with AI option therfore they use term fresh sperm.We shall try it soon and hopefully it works.

    All the best


    Quote Originally Posted by Annette View Post
    Hi suki,

    This is just my opinion, I could be off-base. I think the main reason fresh sperm is not used is because there is a short window for viability before it has to be frozen. I don't know how long of a period fresh sperm lasts, but it seems like only a couple of hours at the most judging by the process that my husband and I have gone through. So in the case of clinics and sperm banks, I think it would be very rare to have a donor and recipient in the same vicinity at the same time unless they knew each other and had planned it.

    Good luck to you!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default hope you've already had success but wanted to lyk...

    Quote Originally Posted by suki98 View Post
    Hello girls.

    I would like to ask you if you can spare some time
    and gave me your sincere opinion please. Can you advice me why clinics they
    don't use IUI method with fresh sperm ??? As success rate is so low[10%]
    with standard IUI. Why potential donor health is not checked 1 month before
    he give sperm donation and therefore with avoiding a freezing process
    chances for succesful pregnancy will be at least 50%. I can't afford IVF and
    after failing. Its our money running low so I and my partner were
    thinking to find a nurse and donor to perform IUI without freezing the
    sperm. For surely before that donor need to pass medical check up to see if
    he is suitable to become a donor. Are they really big chances that sperm got
    infected in contact with air and therfore baby is born with disabilities
    ??? I REALLY,REALLY APRECIATE PEOPLE IF YOU COULD ADVISE ME ON THAT ISSUE!!
    THANK YOU IN ADVANCE VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SINCERE ANSWERS


    GOD BLESS !!!

    I actually had success with IUI/frozen donor sperm - twins..... so it is definitely possible. we used gonal-f and hcg trigger and did two inseminations......a day apart..one before hcg shot and one after (this was 10 years ago so i don't know if things have changed but it worked on the FIRST TRY).... we had done 3 cycles with clomid that failed and then the fourth cycle (first with injectables, WORKED)....so actually i shouldn't say first try but first with injectables....i wish we just went right to that but since i had no infertility issues they wanted to go the least invasive route possible.... i did have to have an HSG (is that what it's called when they inject the die to make sure the uterus and the tubes look good?) i had that before the IUI and before my IVFs also (with the third and fourth babies we went right to ivf with frozen sperm bc of the time factor.....having small twins i couldn't really easily drive to and from the doc's office for sono/blood each month and ivf optimized results.....worked first try! ) i'm extremely grateful for donor sperm- i have four miracle babies! I PRAY YOU HAVE YOUR BABY IN YOUR ARMS NOW!!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default reply

    Thank you so much for sharing your success experience. I am sincerely happy for you. You will be a great mother. I am still trying but no good news yet. But I won't give up. After hearing another success story, motivates me I will score one day. Wish you all the best in the future and a happy life with your twins.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11

    Smile please don't give up!

    Quote Originally Posted by suki98 View Post
    Thank you so much for sharing your success experience. I am sincerely happy for you. You will be a great mother. I am still trying but no good news yet. But I won't give up. After hearing another success story, motivates me I will score one day. Wish you all the best in the future and a happy life with your twins.
    are you still using frozen donor sperm? I (personally) think the best chance is doing IVF, this was you optimize the vial instead of wasting the whole vial on an IUI each month, ya know what I mean? I just figured if I'm going to be buying the vial, I might as well make the most out of it lol and use it on as many oocytes (eggs) as possible...
    I know a lot of people use donor sperm and probably don't want to talk about it but I think it's a great thing-we get to experience pregnancy and I honestly can't say any negatives..... my husband is adopted so it makes it easier in a way- he knows biology doesn't mean anything- just love! BLESSINGS AND BEST WISHES TO U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •