Thread: newbie looking for support, comfort, and hopefully a scholarship?

Default newbie looking for support, comfort, and hopefully a scholarship?

Hello everyone. I just joined. My boyfriend and I have finally decided to go for infertility tests after trying for over 15 years. I totally know how you feel about how hard it is to give of the dream of having a child. I have not had a lot of support from my family. I have two sisters with four kids each, and they always tell me that I just need to accept it. My mother told me the same thing. Easy for them to say when they have no idea what it feels like.

My sister-in-law was going through the same thing for about 10 years, but she finally got pregnant, and is due next month, so now I am all alone. I see people having children all of the time. I am always happy for them, but I also have this twinge of jealousy that I can't get over. I wake up crying sometimes at night with dreams of having a child. I just don't know what to do anymore.

I might be able to afford the HSG, and possible fertility drugs, but if anything more is required, I guess I will have to accept it, and right now, the thought of that makes me cry. I would consider adoption as well, but I have looked at several adoption agency websites, but they seem to be VERY expensive as well.

I am 38 years old, and I know my time is running out. I depended on prayer and faith for a very long time, but now I just want to help God along. I feel like I am Sarah who doubted, but my pain is growing the older I get. I don't want to give up. I have gone through several stages, that of grief, then for many years, acceptance (if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't), but lately the grief has come back in full force, even worse than before.

Does anyone have any advice, and information on how to apply for the scholarship? What are the qualifications?

Welcome. Here is the link to all the scholarship information.

http://www.inciid.org/article.php?cat=&id=239