Thread: New here, looking for support & advice

Default New here, looking for support & advice

Hi all,

I'm just trying to find out more info and maybe make a few connections with those that understand this trial.

My hubby and I have been trying for 4 years. 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF. So far we know I likely have egg issues and hubby has morphology deficiency.

We have been through almost everything at this point. At the advice of a friend who does fertility research my husband started taking a whole food supplement called Activz Complete from Clean Food Health Co. No idea if it was any help but we've since been pg twice. Unfortunately also 2 for 2 miscarriages.

Has anyone had a supplement like this help at all? Dumb luck?

Anyway, here we are. Looking for advice. Thinking about another IVF try. Boo.

Thanks in advance for your help and prayers. I feel so deeply connected to all who endure this.

Sorry this board is so quiet! We have male factor infertility. We did try some supplements (it was like a combination of 10 pills a day!). Unfortunately for us,during that time his sperm count dropped significantly and the mobility of those he had was a little worse. I have heard of it working for others, but definitely not us.

When are you looking to start your next cycle? Best of luck to you!

I didn't end up having to do IVF, but our prescription was "Controled Ovarian Hyperstimulation with Timed Intercourse" (a long way to say that my eggs needed a boost to come out to meet my hubby's sperm!) We tried this 4 cycles before my BFP. To prepare, 6 months before any of the injections, I cleaned up my diet, removed toxins like caffeine, alcohol, and refined sugar. I lowered dairy and meat, and went for whole grains and lotsa organic/gmo-free veggies and fruits. I also had a complete regimen of vitamin/mineral/herbal/antioxidant/omega supplements and protein smoothies. Even though I ended up needing some hormonal supplementation via injection, i know my healthy diet and yoga routine gave my body the optimal health needed to carry healthy twins for 35.5 weeks!