Thread: Yeast infection first trimester

Default Yeast infection first trimester

Hello

I have had a yeast infection for past 2 weeks and was finally able to see my OB yesterday. She took a swab and prescribed Terazol 7 vaginal cream (terconazole) and it says on the information leaflet itself that its not recommended during 1st trimester. I am 11 weeks now and I do not want to take any risk if I can manage with a little discomfort and ride out the first trimester without using any medication for the infection. Anyone else been prescribed any medication for Yeast and how did it work for you?

For the Drs, can you please advise if Terazol is ok to use at 11 weeks despite the manufacturer's recommendation and is there any other yeast medication that is Cat B and considered safe? Does it cause any harm to leave the yeast infection untreated??

Thank you

There is a high possibility of miscarriage in the first trimester, so there are a lot of medications not advised to take till you reach at least the 12th week of pregnancy. I think you should ask your doctor for another medication.