Thread: Intralipids dosage

Default Intralipids dosage

Hi Dr Coulam,

I had an FET IVF end in a Chemical pregnancy. I then got tested for Immune issues and the following were positive
    1. MTHFR - Heterozygous single mutation
    2. Rheumatoid Arthritis factor
    3. Natural Killer cells activation -13%

My doc has prescribed folic acid for MTHFR and Prednisone (10mg every other day) when i start Estrogen patches for my next FET cycle.
    I will using Intralipids as well.
    I am curious about the dosage of intralipids. 4 ml of 20% intralipid diluted in 250 ml saline is what he is using per your research articles. I am reading that ohter clinics use the entire 100 ml. Why is there a big difference between these dosages? Have you seen sufficient success with the lower dose of 4 ml per 20 ml saline?

Thanks.

Yes, we have published our results with 4-8ml in 250cc saline, No one has published results in peer revieed journals with 100ml. I dont know why they use 100 is 4 ml will give same outcomes. Your doctor is correct. Dr. Coulam

Thanks for your response Dr Coulam!

You are welcome. Dr. Coulam

I am curious about the 70-480 dosage of intralipids. 4 ml of 20% intralipid diluted in 250 ml saline is what he is using per your research articles. I am reading that ohter clinics use the entire 100 ml. Why is there a big difference between these dosages? Have you seen sufficient success with the lower dose of 4 ml per 20 ml saline?

Quote Originally Posted by hasseb1 View Post
    I am curious about the 70-480 dosage of intralipids. 4 ml of 20% intralipid diluted in 250 ml saline is what he is using per your research articles. I am reading that ohter clinics use the entire 100 ml. Why is there a big difference between these dosages? Have you seen sufficient success with the lower dose of 4 ml per 20 ml saline?
    The only published data documenting the efficacy of intralipid has been ours with 4-8m; pf 20% solution. Intralipid comes from the pharmacy in 100ml bags. Some just use the bad that they get. There is no data to support the efficacy of the higher dose. Dr. Coulam