Thread: Looking for the Insurance Advocacy Forum

Default Looking for the Insurance Advocacy Forum

I read on Inciid that there is a insurance advocacy forum. I found this one, but it looks like no one has used it in quite some time.

Just wondering if I am in the right place or is there a better location?
    Thanks,
    Jen

There used to be a moderator but not right now. I have helped others with insurance issues - do you have anything in particular on your mind -- let me know and I would be glad to try and help.

magdalen1220 Guest

I have heard a great deal about legislation being brought to Washington to try and change the coverages (or rather lack of coverages) for infertility - what can we do from our own little parts of the world to try and initiate change?

Jen,
    I would suggest you get in touch with Resolve. They do lobby and I believe they have a lobby-day coming up. Realistically, the political atmosphere for getting infertility covered at the Federal level is pretty dim, particularly if the Supreme court guts the Affordable Care Act. In a climate when so many don't even have health care - infertility (sadly and unfortunately) takes a backseat.

Have you seen the list of companies that are known to cover infertility for their employees. INCIID keeps this sort of underground list - on the website.

Nancy