Thread: Can birth control pills really cause infertility?

Question Can birth control pills really cause infertility?

I've read it many times in magazines, newspaper, online articles, and blogs that taking birth control pills excessively can cause infertility in women. But I'm pretty sure that I never took it that much in my past. I've been married to my husband for almost 3 years. When I married him, I was 24. Now I'm 27 and he's 31. After 6 months of our marriage, we had an unsafe sex for the very first time. Frankly speaking, I was not mentally prepared at that time for pregnancy. I was little worried about that, my husband asked me to take a contraceptive pill. I started taking that regularly, I continued with it for the next year.

I turned on 27 in January this year. We decided to have our very first baby. We tried to conceive, but we were failed. We tried it again, and we were failed again. So I can say that since this February, we have been TTC. Whenever we try, we fail every time. So after many failures, we decided to visit our doctor. We went to him, told almost every single thing. He said that he wants to run some tests. He was actually suspecting some kind of infertility in any one of us. The report came and said that my ovary is not producing enough eggs to get pregnant. Though he said that I'm not completely infertile, I'm somewhere near it.

I'm feeling very sad, even my husband is not happy with all this. Are those contraceptive pills really behind my infertility?

Question

Yes, if a woman takes contraceptive pills excessively, this can cause infertility. But that's not the only reason behind women's infertility. There are many reasons, and it's just one of them. Anyway, your infertility is the matter of concern here, not its main reason.

You're just 27, but you don't have enough eggs. Some medications are prescribed to women to increase their eggs quality and quantity. Does your doctor/gynecologist recommend you to follow any such medication?

Celebrityborn.Com
    Famous celebrity birthdays
    We at celebrityborn.com provides you synopsis of celebs across the globe. Famous national and international stars like Maluma, Nikki Bella, and Peyton Meyer among numerous others, you can find their personal info, career highlights and interesting facts about them on our website.
    Celebrityborn.com is different from other biography platforms. In our site you will find the profiles of celebs falling on the present day and it also displays belated and upcoming birthday profiles. Amazing features like birthday checker is also installed in our site. You can check yours as well as your favourite celebs birthday details. Like on which day of week you were born and on which day of the week your next birthday is due and also a graph showing on which day of the week you have celebrated your birthdays from your 1st birthday to present birthday.
    Many budding celebrities whose profiles are not available anywhere else you can find them on our site. Loaded with features and authentic information our site will give you a complete synopsis of celebs. We cover celebs from all fields including acting, singing, sports, business and politics. We also have trending celebs button through which you can know which celebs are in news currently. Thus when it comes to search for celebs and to know some amazing facts about them our site should be the number one choice for you.

Yeah, she has alreay prescribed me a medication to increase my eggs quantity and quality. But she's not 100% sure whether such medication can really help me or not. I just want few good eggs, so I'm just following that prescription with a hope.

At the same time, she's recommending us to take help of an egg donor. The woman can donate her eggs, and then I can get pregnant. I'm not sure whether the medication (prescribed by her) can really help me improve my eggs quality and quantity. Is it true that any such medication can really help women? Or am I just wasting my time? Please share your thoughts.