Go Back   INCIID Infertility, Pregnancy Loss and Adoption Information > Ask The Experts - Questions to Moderators > Newly Pregnant > Beta Board

Beta Board A place to share your first pregnancy levels

Old 07-09-2011, 08:09 AM
tiggerlover2000

Default Surprise bfp!!!!

Greetings fellow pregnant ladies! I'm a new transfer from the PCOS support board!

A little background: My husband and I had a little boy on our own naturally with no medical intervention in December of 2007. We always knew we wanted to have more than 1, because we both were only children. My mother suffered a loss after me, and my husbands dad had terrible health issues, and died early.

After our son was born, we waited about 6 months to a year before actively trying again. But nothing was happening. I finally inquired about getting help from my OB last year, and he prescribed Clomid. Nothing... So finally, I seeked out an RE, who ran me through tests and we found out I had PCOS. That was in July. We started taking different dosages of Clomid, and finally found the dose that worked best. We did IUIs, triggers, everything! Nothing worked. Then in April of this year my husband switched jobs, and we lost our insurance temporarily. My final fertility cycle ended on May 15th. We decided to take a break, because there was no way we wouod be able to afford fertility treatments on our own, without insurance covering the ultrasounds and tests. On June 15th I started to get cramps as if AF was on her way, accompanied by very very light pink spotting. The next day, no AF still cramps and the spotting went away. Same thing the day after that. So I went and bought a 3 pack of FRERs, just in case. I figured if she didn't show, and the tests were negative I would call my doctor. Sunday, June 19th, on Fathers day morning I tested. Instant clear positive! I couldn't believe my eyes!! And then I started to cry. I showed my husband, and we just hugged! For a very long time!!! Our doctor told us it would never happen again on our own and that our son was like winning the lottery, and had tried to talk me into taking Birth control to keep my cycle regular during our break. But I knew that would for sure seal the deal! I was right!!!!

So I went and had betas done. My first was 168 that Monday, and on Thursday, 3 days later, it was 416!!! We are on cloud 9!!!!

Tomorrow I will be 8 weeks. The point of my first pregnancy when I found out I was pregnant! I got a head start this time around!
Old 07-09-2011, 11:37 AM
INCIIDer - A Community Creator

CONGRATS!!! I love to hear these stories! Sending you prayers for a LONG and BORING 32 weeks ahead of you! When is your first ultrasound?

Sonia
Old 07-09-2011, 08:37 PM
INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Congratulations Tigger! m

Very happy to see your surprise news and great beta levels. Wishing you an uneventful 9 months. Keep us posted throughout. So happy for you!!!

Julie