Go Back   INCIID Infertility, Pregnancy Loss and Adoption Information > Ask The Experts - Questions to Moderators > High Risk Pregnancy

High Risk Pregnancy Moderated by Bill Cusick, MD
William Cusick MD, Chair of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Director of Maternal Fetal Medicine

Bill Cusick, MD is an OB/GYN with a sub-specialty in Maternal Fetal Medicine. Dr. Cusick is affiliated with St. Vincents Medical Center in Bridgeport, CT. His areas of Special Interest include: obstetrical and gyn ultrasound, prenatal screening, diagnosis, patient safety, MFM practice management. Dr. Cusick answers your questions about high risk pregnancies.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:40 AM
INCIID Junior Member

Default placenta previa

Hi Dr. Cusick,

I am currently 14 weeks & had some bleeding this week. Based on u/s I have placenta previa. The baby was fine as of yesterday's u/s, but I guess now I just have to wait & see what happens. I'm still bleeding, but only need to wear a liner at this point.

The NP told me to call if it increased, but that I would bleed no matter what. How should I be monitored at this point? They scheduled no further appointments for me, other than the normal 4 week appt I already had scheduled which isn't until mid-Oct.

I'm really scared & would like to hear what your thoughts are as far as precautions & outcomes for this pregnancy. thanks,