Go Back   INCIID Infertility, Pregnancy Loss and Adoption Information > Ask The Experts - Questions to Moderators > Endometriosis, Unexplained Infertility and More > Egg Freezing

Egg Freezing Moderated by Walid Saleh, MD
Dr. Saleh is listed as a Top Obstetrician/Gynecologist by The Consumers' Research Council of America and recently received a 2010 Patient's Choice Award - given to less than 6% of doctors across the USA.

Dr. Salah is a long-time advisor to INCIID. He is also a proud supporter of the "From INCIID the Heart" scholarship program. Dr. Saleh and SIRM are generous donors to INCIID's mission and very popular with patients who are looking for individualized and compassionate patient care. Dr. Saleh answer's patient questions about Egg Freezing. SIRM now has a FREE Egg Freezing program for Cancer Patients - Feel free to ask your questions here. Dr. Saleh's professional member profile is located here. Visit the Sher Institutes for Reproductive Medicine (Dallas).

Old 01-26-2010, 05:31 PM
INCIID Junior Member

Default day 2 freeze 2 cell

Dr Saleh,

Thanks for answering our questions.

I have a day 2 freeze 2 cell embryo on a natural IVF cycle. Have you seen success with this? I actually had 2 eggs retrieved. Both fertilized but one did not multiply.

I was given ibuprofen to take 600mg 3 times a day about 2 day before egg retrieval. Could this have affected egg quality?

Before taking ibuprofen, estradiol was 306, progesterone 0.305, LH 7.93 FSH 4.64.Endometrial lining was 12.Endometrial grade was c. Follicle size 13.5 and17.5 .

After taking iburprofen , next day b/w and u/s results were estradiol 102, Progesterone 0.905, LH 13.09 FSH 11.6. Endometrial thickness 8.6. endometrial grade b. Follicle size 12, 16

I think that ibuprofen affected my egg quality. Should I reduce the dose of ibuprofen next time? Ibuprofen prevents ovulation but could it have affected the egg qaulity in the process. I did not take any else.I tend to be very sensitive to drugs. I am 40

Also what is the purpose of the trigger?

Thank you very much!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Professional

My pleasure. The rate limiting issue in reproduction is the DNA inside the egg. At 30, only 1/3 eggs are genetically normal. That makes natural IVF with one egg per IVF, the least cost-erffective approach. With one embryo on Day 5 of life, you would have a 30% chance of success. If it is still D2, perhaps 15% success at best. Hope that helps. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any additional questions.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:33 PM
INCIID Junior Member

Thank you Dr Saleh!

Can you tell me where I can read the articles about the 15% success rate for day 2. I am interested to read more on this.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Professional

I do not have a specific article. I am just quoting from what I know.