Go Back   INCIID Infertility, Pregnancy Loss and Adoption Information > Ask The Experts - Questions to Moderators > The Healing Arts: Alternative and Complementary Medicine

The Healing Arts: Alternative and Complementary Medicine Moderated by Marc Sklar, LA.c, DA (RI), FABORM

The Healing Arts practiced in Alternative and Complementary Medicine are often not practiced by Western medical doctors. Dr. Sklar answers your questions and also presents reliable information combining expertise with infertility patients and complementary medicine. Visit the Wellness Center for more information.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:28 AM
INCIID Junior Member

Default How far in advance to start acupuncture before IVF cycle?

Hi: Was wondering if you had any thoughts on that. Also, was wondering if you knew of any good acupuncturists in NJ? i live in princeton, NJ and can't find ones that are good at fertility?

thanks!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:47 PM
INCIID Junior Member

I don't know if Dr. Sklar doesn't read our questions, but I heard minimum 3 months before the IVF is ideal to treat underlying causes. However, it can be started as late as 1 month before IVF - minimum twice a week along with on the day of egg transfer and within 24 hours after egg transfer. Hope this helps.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Moderator for Expert Forums

Ideally we would like 3 months minimum to make the needed changes. If not then we would like to see patients with enough time pre transfer as possible. In our office we do see patients 2 x week, and sometimes 3.

As for New Jersey, I would look at www.aborm.org to see if there is a certified fellow near you.

Marc
Old 12-16-2011, 01:56 PM
INCIID Junior Member

Default how to select an acupuncturist

Unfortunately, there is no reproductive acupuncturist in my area. What are the criterion to select a good acupuncturist? Also, what protocol you would recommend them to follow for infertility?
Old 06-22-2013, 10:02 PM
INCIID Junior Member

During the consultation, you may want to ask if the acupuncturist has had good results with infertility cases. If they have a testimonial from an actual patient, that is even better! If the acupuncturist hasnít seen a case like this before, that is not a deal breaker. Chinese Medicine tends to work very well for a variety of cases. No matter what your complaint, you will most likely see improvement.