Go Back   INCIID Infertility, Pregnancy Loss and Adoption Information > Ask The Experts - Questions to Moderators > High Risk Pregnancy

High Risk Pregnancy Moderated by Bill Cusick, MD
William Cusick MD, Chair of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Director of Maternal Fetal Medicine

Bill Cusick, MD is an OB/GYN with a sub-specialty in Maternal Fetal Medicine. Dr. Cusick is affiliated with St. Vincents Medical Center in Bridgeport, CT. His areas of Special Interest include: obstetrical and gyn ultrasound, prenatal screening, diagnosis, patient safety, MFM practice management. Dr. Cusick answers your questions about high risk pregnancies.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:09 AM

Unhappy Selective Reduction Necessary?

I am a 31 year old first time mother-to-be. I have trouble ovulating naturally and after several cycles of Clomid was moved to Follistim. After a few rounds without IUI or IVF I became pregnant for the first time and it is triplets (8wks). My infertility doctor is heavily recommending selective reduction as my only viable option. He is not a fan of multiple pregnancy. I want to make an informed decision but can't seem to find any statistics on whether I can carry this pregnancy to a reasonable term. The medical journals I have read have varying statistics on the birth/survival rates for triplets. I have hypothyroidism and am 5'1 and overweight. This is a lot of information to take in when it seems I have a short time to make a decision. Any advise or comments from individuals who have been faced with this are appreciated.