Go Back   INCIID Infertility, Pregnancy Loss and Adoption Information > Ask The Experts - Questions to Moderators > IVF & High Tech Procedures, Donor Eggs and Surrogacy

IVF & High Tech Procedures, Donor Eggs and Surrogacy Moderated by John D. Gordon, MD
Dr. John David Gordon is the Co-Director of Dominion Fertility and a Clinical Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at The George Washington University in Washington D.C. Dr. Gordon provides weekly lectures in Reproductive Endocrinology to the Obstetrics and Gynecology interns, residents, and medical students. He is board-certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and subspecialty certified in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.

Dr. Gordon is a long-time advisor to INCIID. He is a doctor with "Heart" and a proud supporter of the "From INCIID the Heart" scholarship program. Dominion Fertility Center generously donors to INCIID's scholarship program. Dr. Gordon has been answering questions from patients on INCIID's IVF and High Tech forum for more than a decade. Read Dr. Gordon's Blog here. Dr. Gordon's professional member profile is located here. Visit the Dominion Fertility Center in Arlingotn, VA.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:02 AM

Default Uterine Biopsy

Hello, Dr.

I am scheduled to take a beta 3 integrin test (uterine biopsy) 9-11 days after ovulation. A blood pregnancy test is required immediately before the test.

I asked my nurse if it's ok to try getting pregnant naturally this cycle, but she said NO and that the preg test was just a precaution. I don't quite understand why I wouldn't be able to try this cycle if I need to take the preg test anyway. I am not young and don't want to waste a cycle.

Would you please advise if it is alright that I try before the biopsy? If not, why is it? I will be ovulating in 2 days - please help....

Thank you very much.

Respectfully,
Miyabell