Go Back   INCIID Infertility, Pregnancy Loss and Adoption Information > Lifestyles Forums > Literary Cafe

Literary Cafe A place for those who love books and want to discuss them with other INCIID members.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:28 AM
INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default March check-in. What are you reading

nt
Old 03-01-2012, 08:31 AM

I almost done with Matched by Ally Condie. I think I have about 40 pages left and I am going to try my best to find time to finish it today. It is the first book that I downloaded as an ebook from the library and it is set to disappear tomorrow (I think).

Up next is either going to be Crossed, the second book in the series. I have it requested as an ebook from the library so it will depend on when I get it. I also need to get my hands on a copy of What Alice Forgot, which is our book club book for March.

Happy Reading!

Kristin
Old 03-02-2012, 09:32 AM

I just finished The Cradle by Patrick Somerville. It was okay. I'm now reading Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:05 PM

Default I'm finishing Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet

then I have a library book waiting for me, North of Ithaka. It's a travel memoir by Eleni Gage, who moves to a rural village in Greece for a year to rebuild her grandparents' home. Her grandmother, for whom she was named, was tortured and killed there during the Greek Civil War.

I just read Eleni's first novel, Other Waters, and I really enjoyed it.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Bronze Member

Default Daughter of Smoke and Bone...

I have about 1/4 left, and I am really enjoying it. Part of my enjoyment is that much of the book takes place in Prague, and I was lucky enough to have visited there right after Christmas. It's neat to read a book that takes place somewhere you have been! It's also a very unique story.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:32 PM

My update.

I finished Matched, but didn't get Crossed from the library, so I started How to Bake a Perfect Life. Wasn't too far into it, when I got another book that I had on a library waiting list, that I forgot about. It is Home Front by Kristin Hannah, which I have heard is excellent. So, I put down the other book to start this. Then, I have yet to find the book for this month's book club, which we meet on the 20th for. I have requested both a hard copy and an ebook from the library. My luck, I will get notices at the same time that both Crossed and that book are ready for me.

I don't enjoy reading more than one book at a time, or stopping one to start another.

Kristin
Old 03-12-2012, 11:43 AM

Default Don't judge me...

...but I just finished the second book in the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. The books are completely NOT well written but TOTALLY compelling and STEAMY. I started book 1 on Weds nite and was done the 2nd book by Sunday nite. Taking a little break before I start book 3 because I don't want to be done with Christian Grey (main character) so soon!!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaSp View Post
...but I just finished the second book in the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. The books are completely NOT well written but TOTALLY compelling and STEAMY. I started book 1 on Weds nite and was done the 2nd book by Sunday nite. Taking a little break before I start book 3 because I don't want to be done with Christian Grey (main character) so soon!!!!
Too funny! I was wondering if anyone would admit to reading it. Not because of the sex, but because of how badly they are written. I have one friend who loved them, and one who couldn't read past 15 pages because the writing was so terrible.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:35 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonia1 View Post
I have about 1/4 left, and I am really enjoying it. Part of my enjoyment is that much of the book takes place in Prague, and I was lucky enough to have visited there right after Christmas. It's neat to read a book that takes place somewhere you have been! It's also a very unique story.
I started The Midwife's Confession, thanks to good reviews I read on here. I love how the story is set up. Really makes it hard to put down!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:10 AM

Reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern for April book club... only 40 pages in but really like it so far!

Ally