Go Back   INCIID Infertility, Pregnancy Loss and Adoption Information > Infertility Support Forums > IVF Waiting Room

IVF Waiting Room Ultrasound, pokes and prodding - it's all part of the IVF process. Join us here for peer support during IVF procedures. We know what your going through and we will be there for you --- especially during the 2 week wait.
If you have a medical question about IVF, Egg Donation or Surrogacy, visit the IVF expert forum and ask Dr. Gordon

Old 05-04-2012, 10:16 PM

Default Hello!

Hi all,
Just wanted to see if anyone is out there? I started stimulation for IVF last week. This is our first IVF attempt, so I'm a bit nervous not knowing what to expect. So far I am progressing nicely (let's hope that continues!). Good luck, everyone!
Melisa
Old 05-06-2012, 10:40 PM
INCIID Senior Member

Default Hi Melisa!

Hi Melisa -

You've come to a good place for support - I'm just sorry it is so quiet right now. Good luck with your IVF! How are you feeling?

Hope everything continues to go well!
Patti
Old 05-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Melisa,

Welcome to INCIID! Good luck with your IVF!! I know it's scary when you haven't gone through it before, you don't know what to expect. What helped me was taking one day at a time and remembering to take a few deep breaths every now and then. Let us know how everything is going

Hey Patti!!! How have you been? It's great to see you here Nothing much new going on in my neck of the woods, we're going to try to do an IVF cycle later this year if we can get the money together.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:20 PM

Thanks for your replies, ladies! Today was egg retrieval day! I am laying on the couch feeling kinda icky now. But, the good news is they retrieved 12 eggs. I'm told that's really good.

Annette, good luck with your IVF cycle later this year. We are self-pay also so I know how it is pulling the money together. Have you ever applied for a grant? I am hoping I don't have to but if this cycle doesn't work, then that is something I'm considering.

Melisa
Old 05-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

WoW 12 eggs is awesome!! I hope you are feeling better today. Good luck with the transfer, so exciting!!!

Yes I received an INCIID scholarship in 2009, we ended up with 1 viable embryo which we transferred but did not stick. We did a Micro-IVF cycle in 2010 because it was what we could afford, but had no embryos to transfer. We have switched doctors and are looking forward to our next try and have been saving for the past two years.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:24 PM

Today I found out that 7 of the 12 eggs were mature and all 7 fertilized normally! Tomorrow I'll find out if transfer is Friday or Sunday. Wouldn't it be cool if it were Sunday - Mother's Day!

Annette, what is Micro-IVF?

~Melisa
Old 05-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Yay Yay!!! So excited for you, keep us posted!! Do you have an idea of how many you want to transfer?

Micro-IVF is a program that Sher Institutes offer. They use lower doses of meds which result in fewer eggs and less monitoring, so the cost is way less.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:52 AM
INCIID Senior Member

Default 7 sounds great!

Melissa - I hope that all continues to go so great! That is wonderful news! Did you transfer yesterday or tomorrow?

Annette - It's been too long! Miss you - and are really glad to hear about your upcoming cycle. We will be cheering you on and praying that the money just comes. ((hugs!))

Patti
Old 05-14-2012, 03:09 PM

Hello all! Just wanted to give you an update. My transfer was on Sunday (yesterday). It went really well. We were able to transfer two embryos. Unfortunately none of the others survived to freeze. But these two looked really good, the embryologist said. Fingers crossed!

I think the hardest part of the treatment so far is the last two days as I was instructed to be a couch potato. I want to get up and get the chores done (the house is a mess), LOL. Plus, we've had the first rays of sunshine I've seen in a while here in the Chicago area. But, the hardest part is yet to come...the wait! This I had done before, as we tried one attempt of IUI before going the IVF route. Longest two weeks ever!

Hope to have good news to share soon.

Melisa
Old 05-16-2012, 08:54 PM
INCIID Senior Member

I'm so glad that you were able to do a 5 day transfer! That sounds great. Sorry that none of the embryos made it to freeze. How are you feeling after your few days of resting? That always drives me insane...

Patti