Go Back   INCIID Infertility, Pregnancy Loss and Adoption Information > Ask The Experts - Questions to Moderators > Endometriosis, Unexplained Infertility and More

Endometriosis, Unexplained Infertility and More Moderated by Walid Saleh, M.D.
Dr. Saleh is listed as a Top Obstetrician/Gynecologist by The Consumers' Research Council of America and recently received a 2010 Patient's Choice Award - given to less than 6% of doctors across the USA.

Dr. Salah is a long-time advisor to INCIID. He is also a proud supporter of the "From INCIID the Heart" scholarship program. Dr. Saleh and SIRM are generous donors to INCIID's mission and very popular with patients who are looking for individualized and compassionate patient care. Dr. Saleh answer's patient questions and provides information about Endometriosis. Dr. Saleh's professional member profile is located here. Visit the Sher Institutes for Reproductive Medicine (Dallas).

Old 12-01-2008, 07:46 AM

Default Arimidex & BCP

My RE has put me on Arimidex & BCP for the next month or two until we can begin IUI or IVF. This is after recently undergoing a laparascopy. I am also on Metformin as I have PCOS/ovarian cysts in addition to endometriosis.

I was interested in getting more information on the Arimidex & BCP treatment; most everything I find involves clinical trials and studies or relates to post-menopausal breast cancer survivors. I cannot find anyone else on the message boards I frequent that has heard of it.

My first question is what side effects are normal? The first few days I took this medication I felt horrible; almost like I had the flu but did not. I seem to be adjusting; though I still feel unwell off and on. Also, I started taking the medications on the first day of my cycle. I had regular menstrual flow but have continued to spot (it's been 5 days since heavier flow has stopped); is this normal and will it continue?

My second question is whether this treatment is used to "prepare" my body for IUI/IVF? Is it similar to any other meds?

Any information you can provide that would help me understand it better would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Professional

Default Arimidex and BCP

Honestly I am not sure what this would accomplish besides BCP alone. I would be happy to review your records and advise accordingly. Might I recommend that you call us at 877-665-BABY and set up a free in-person or telephone consultation with me at SIRM-Dallas.