Go Back   INCIID Infertility, Pregnancy Loss and Adoption Information > Lifestyles Forums > The Soapbox

The Soapbox This is a Current Affairs Forum for intelligent, free, open, and peaceable exchange of ideas, philosophies, and viewpoints on news, events and politics. Any material found on the board promoting hate speech or intolerance will be removed. INCIID is a nonprofit and operates on donations and contributions. Please consider a tax deductible donation today.

Click here to give a smaller or larger amount.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:09 AM
INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default If you want to talk about the press ignoring important stories - Cheney anyone?

The Vice President of the U.S. publicly admits that the administration was dead set on invading Iraq regardless of whether there were any WMDs. He basically admits that the whole justification for the war was a sham cooked up by an administration determined to start a war even if they had to lie to the American people to get it approved. So where are the front page headlines? This story is out there but it's not being given nearly the attention it should be. It's like everyone has already taken it for granted that Cheney is evil and a liar and has been running the country for 8 years anyway. When did we become so complacent about corruption and abuse of power? And what really galls me is that Cheney knows it! He's so confident that he's untouchable that he's going around and bragging about his misdeeds while the press rolls over, plays dead and says, "whatever."
Old 12-17-2008, 11:51 AM

Default I caught a bit of this yesterday

but it was so frustrating. I was flipping the channels and tried to listen to it on Hardball, but OMG, Chris Matthews is the MOST annoying host! How can anyone watch that show? I gave up trying to figure out the story since he did not stop talking over the guests. I didn't really have time after that to watch the news, and I haven't read the paper yet today, so I'm not sure if it's getting attention, but I agree that people just expect Cheney to be an azz and he gets away with murder. I wonder if there is anyone who still thinks he didn't lie about WMD, or about the ties of Iraq to 9/11? It sickens me that he will never pay a price for all the pain he has caused so many people.

Pleaky
Old 12-17-2008, 11:58 AM

Do you think the Obama administration will go after him for war crimes or something similar? Can Bush pardon Cheney before he is even charged with something?