Go Back   INCIID Infertility, Pregnancy Loss and Adoption Information > Infertility Support Forums > IVF Waiting Room > Egg Donor, Surrogacy and Third Party Reproduction Support

Egg Donor, Surrogacy and Third Party Reproduction Support A place to go for support and networking if you are thinking about or are using a donor's eggs in order to conceive.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:01 AM
INCIID Junior Member

Default donor egg/insurance questions

does anyone know cpt codes ( i think thye have 5 digits) related to donor egg, donor egg retrieval, donor medical costs

also does anyone know in genral what insurance plans are likely to cover example-will they cover psychological tests etc.

I want to see upfront how much my insurance plan will cover. Thanks
Old 09-22-2010, 04:08 PM
INCIIDer - A Community Creator

What state do you live in? There are very few states that cover anything related to IF generally, and even fewer that cover anything for DE -- and almost none that cover the medical screening of a prospective donor.

Illinois is the only state I am aware of that covers the retrieval and U/S costs for the donor. Massachusetts might have some coverage.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:30 PM
INCIID Junior Member

Default how to code for donor ivf

There are procedure codes and then you need to add cpt codes for donor.

You can use procedure code 58970 - retrieval.
Then add donor code V59.71 (this means annomyous donor, under 35).

There are codes for over 35 or known donors (google cpt codes for donor ooctye and you'll find them).

I assume you're trying to find out from your insurance if it's covered, so if they cover the largest cost (retrieval) then you can assume it's all covered.

Good luck!