Go Back   INCIID Infertility, Pregnancy Loss and Adoption Information > Ask The Experts - Questions to Moderators > Infertility and Reproductive Medicine

Infertility and Reproductive Medicine Moderated by Scott Roseff, M.D.

Meet Scott Roseff, MD Reproductive Endocrinologist
Dr. Roseff offers cutting-edge fertility testing and treatments in Boca Raton, FL. He believes that patient care should be individualized and compassionate. Dr. Roseff has supported INCIID consumsers for more than a decade. He goes above and beyond the norm for his patients. Dr. Roseff is a proud supporters of the INCIID IVF Scholarship Program.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:21 PM
INCIID Junior Member

Default u/s and heart rate question

I am currently 9 wks pregnant and just went for my 3rd u/s scan yesterday. On my second u/s they found that they baby was a measuring 7.4 mm with a HB of about 130. At that time he also found a very large SCH measuring approximately 3x4 cm. I was placed on bedrest for 2 weeks and went for a follow-up scan yesterday. The SCH has not increased in size and according to my RE appears to be liquefying which he told me is a sign that the body i trying to take care of it and that it should hopefully begin to reabsorb or drain out. The CRL measured just over 2 cm and baby had a HR or 147.

My question is this. It seems that for this gestational age baby is continuing to measure a little small and the HR is lower than expected. It seems like many of my friends on various forums have HR in the 160-170's at this gestational age. Is this a cause for concern? The dates of the pregnancy are not in question as I conceived via IVF. Could this be an indicator of problems or is this still within the range of normal variability at this stage. Thank you
Old 09-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Moderator for General Infertility

Hi,

You have to ask your doctor if those measurements are normal for their center. Fetal growth and development can vary so there's a normal range that the doctor should have listed in their clinic...

Congrats,
Dr. Roseff in Florida

As you’re not my patient, information herein may be incomplete/inaccurate & I can't be responsible for your actions. This is for educational purposes & should never be used to replace information & care rendered by your own doctor. No part of this message may be reproduced, printed, or posted elsewhere without express written authorization of Dr. Roseff or INCIID.