Go Back   INCIID Infertility, Pregnancy Loss and Adoption Information > Infertility Support Forums > Fertility Support and Waiting Room

Fertility Support and Waiting Room Infertility seems to be a waiting game. Gather here to lend support to each other, discuss ovulation kits, temperatures and anything else while trying to conceive. Come to the waiting room and find a cycle buddy, help others struggling and find support yourself.
If you have a medical question vist the General Infertility Expert and ask Dr. Roseff

Old 04-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Default Calling all foodies!!!

INCIID is putting together a cookbook and we would like to get as many INCIIDers involved as possible. The canvas is open wide at this point, please share your ideas/themes and recipes. We have one idea on the table to make it a "fertility-friendly" cookbook.

Once complete, the cookbook will be on sale to the public and will bring in much-needed funds to help keep the website and scholarship program running. INCIID published a cookbook a few years back and it was a great success. If everyone puts in at least one recipe, we will have a stellar product! If you are reading this right now and you appreciate the services that INCIID offers, please contribute to this fundraising effort by either being on the editing committee or submitting recipes. Thank you!!

Old 04-26-2011, 03:08 PM
INCIID Junior Member

I'm in!

I would like to submit a recipe or two, or three! lmao!!!

Should we submit the idea's by just responding to this post?
Old 04-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Tiki! Sure, you can either post the recipes here or send me a private message. Thanks in advance for your contributions!!
Old 05-04-2011, 09:35 AM
INCIID Resident Member

Hey Annette!

I'd love to submit a few recipes. Is there a deadline for when you need them? I got a book that talks about what kinds of food are good for the different stages - trying to get pregnant, each trimester, and when nursing. Would you want to go that far or just focus on the trying to get pregnant part? Love the idea and would like to help out!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Carla!! I'm thinking by the end of this month I will start putting the collection together, so I'm going to set the deadline for May 31st. From the input that I have received, we are going to make it a "general" cookbook and put some sort of asterisk next to any recipe that is "fertility friendly". All recipes are welcome and appreciated!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:20 AM
INCIID Resident Member

Ok, sounds good. Before our IVF cycle and during my pregnancy I was very careful about trying to eat things packed with vitamins and "fertility friendly." I'll send you a couple of those recipes next time I email you. Thanks soooooo much for taking charge of this!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Yay! Thank you so much, I can't wait too see!!! You can email them to me if you want.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Duh, you just said you would email them to me...I'm not quite awake yet apparently!
Old 05-11-2011, 02:09 PM
INCIID Junior Member

Default Recipe for cookbook

Momís Gazpacho (cold Spanish soup)

3 tomatoes (quartered)
ľ green pepper
4 garlic cloves
3 tbsp. vinegar
2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 slices of French bread

Place items in blender and pulse, so there are large chunks. Chill. Pour in individual cups and add water to taste. Top with croutons or add cucumbers.

(I know that this must sound just awful but try it...it's fabulous!!!!)
Old 05-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

My mom is going to love this, she loves gazpacho!!