Thread: why are horrid days followed by great ones?

peanutgallery is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default why are horrid days followed by great ones?

Yesterday I would've sold *both* of them to the first passing gypsy. Today, awesome. We went to see the dead sea scrolls and it was the classic sensory nightmare--big crowd, jostling people, strict rules, etc. I thought after yesterday it would be horrendous--but probably *because* yesterday was awful and I ***************ed and moaned about it all day (much directly ds's fault, but he's 10 and could understand that I was upset at the behavior) and I told him if he couldn't behave *perfectly* I would go without him (because of him we almost missed being able to go--and this was a once-in-a-lifetime exhibit) and he got up quietly, got dressed, and we got out of the house in 32 minutes! Then we waited outside in the rain and he was kind and patient, and not complaining at all, and then when we finally got in, we waited more, and there was this huge crowd but probably because we had these listening devices (like a phone, in the place of headphones) he was able to focus and really pay attention to the exhibits, he was patient and attentive and more polite than most of the adults! Yay! (bout time...lol)

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Well... I'm really glad that you had a good day. I totally understand what you are talking about. It happens here too. Threatening or actually leaving (when possible) without him has definetly had an impact here.

karen

Reese14 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default This happens all the time...

I swear it is to keep me going and staying positive. There are days when my DH comes home and my little guy was good, and I think "thank goodness he threw me a bone today...I needed it more than ever today!"

Sounds like you had a wonderful day out. I am glad it all worked out. Almost better he had his bad day the day before to get it out of his system so you could all enjoy the exhibit!

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default What a great day

I'm glad that he could handle it all and have a great time. Nice to have a good day to kind of try to cancel out the bad one! Keep those good days coming!

Christine S Guest

Because that's just the way they are.

Part of the reason he did well today was likely that you gave him fair warning and you know they CAN hold it together for brief periods. So he did exactly as you asked and prepared him for.

We typically don't prepare for the average days so they don't necessarily do as well.

BTW...apparently I totally screwed up when you were here. Figured we'd be moved in by then (at least mostly) and I could take some time off. I didn't get my computer hooked up until 2 weeks later, STILL have boxes (and paint cans) everywhere...and it's a huge mess. So my apologies...I totally spaced on it. PROMISE to do better next time. And hey, you can even come here now. (once the painting is done and boxes are gone) We have nice big open areas inside AND outside.

C

peanutgallery is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

lol! That's ok... my parents are leaving tomorrow. Next time, promise? :-D We even went to Beaver Creek to skate--but I figured you were overwhelmed with moving.

Christine S Guest

I was. Trying to get moved AND set up for Christmas was a lot.

Definitely next time.

C