Thread: Anyone done or heard of the RDI program for ASD?

redd89 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Anyone done or heard of the RDI program for ASD?

Thinking of doing it, here's the link. I'd love any feedback.
    http://www.rdiconnect.com/default.asp
    Janie

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Yes.

I have a local friend with a son with PDD-NOS and they use RDI. The consultant for our area works with his teachers and them on an individual basis. Plus they go to group events as well. She is always singing the praises of RDI.

I don't have any personal experience, but I have it bookmarked to make an appt. to find out more.

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default i have 2 friends who do it with their ASD kids

it really varies. one friend moved here from chicago last year and did RDI here. she is now using the same RDI person as my other friend and says they are very different in their approach.

the RDI person here is very much :RDI is all you need, not aba, floortime, speech, ot, pt, etc. in chicago, the other RDI person believed everything supplemented each other and you had to find the right blend for each kid.

we have not done rdi b/c the center will not bill insurance and will not give billsheets with ICD codes to bill under our OT coverage. this is how my chicago friend got theirs covered. it is very expensive as well.

that said, i have implemented many of the techniques in our home program over the years. by reading and quizzing my RDI friends. my point, even RDI therapists can vary greatly in approach...so if you dont like one RDI therapist and want to pursue it still. check to see if there are any others in your area or just study up on the techniques as i did. hugs