Thread: could it be the music?

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default could it be the music?

We started the music therapy on Wed. Jacob seems calmer since then. He still isn't listening and following directions but he is calmer. Coincidence?

karen

Default Sounds like a good response to me

Music can have an amazing effect... I would take this as a good sign that the music therapy may be helpful :o)

I don't know that much about music therapy... can you share a bit about what they are working with? My DS has been off/on with listening therapy with some positive results (and so not so positive ones!) I'd be interested in hearing more.

-Joy

Val. is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Therapeutic Listening made an amazing difference for my son. I didn't think it could or would, but it did. So, I'd say, yes, it could be the music.

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default It very well could be!

We are starting Savanna on listening therapy again this morning and I can't wait! It made a huge difference in her.

With Sierra, hers was an overall help that could really only be seen once you compared before and after. But with Savanna, the change was amazing. Plus, I could notice a difference once she stopped afther 3 months. I never thought I'd look forward to a 3 month listening session!

I am so happy he is responding and you are seeing an improvement!

Susan

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I am a believer in music, working magic

Default Karen,

we started Savanna up on her listening last night. I can't wait to see how she does with it all. She is not wanting to do it as much as last time. I think because Sierra is not doing it.

She's going to do it in the car. She hates the loud noises of the freeway anyway so this might help.

Susan

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I don't know if you have it but we bought this tune belt. Its very stretchy and you make it tight around your waist. That helped here because he can still be mobile. He likes it for the most part. Through today we are doing 15 minutes 2 times a day but starting tomorrow it goes up to 30 minutes. That might be more challenging but hopefully having the belt will help.

keep me posted.
    karen

Default Yes, we have the belt too

it helps a lot. Good luck with the 30min time. That was always a little hard.

Susan

Christine S Guest

I say NO, not a coincidence. Are you writing the responses down? Your therapist should be keeping track of his response (good or bad) for you.

This is exactly how it went with Tobin. Nothing HUGE, but maybe one day he actually did what I said instead of fighting me. (okay, that was really HUGE for us) Just those little baby steps made a big difference.

C